ere are my current specs for my daily desktop computer:

CPU:
Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.40GHz
GPU: MSI ATI Radeon HD-6450 1GB DDR3
PSU: 275 watts
Motherboard: Dell Inc., Product 0KRC95, Version A00
RAM: 16.0GB
Storage: 3TB

I know from before someone said that Dell is super picky and it's difficult to find a new PSU that'll work with a OEM Dell motherboard, but just wanted to see if anyone on here knows of any that'll be compatible. Thanks :)

I'm looking for a new power supply unit before I start looking for better graphics card than the one I am currently using.

Reactions: NightHawkRMX
Solution
What graphics card do you want to install?
A card without a need for aux 6 pin power should run on your 275w psu.
That might be as good as a GTX1650.
Measure the dimensions at the back of your psu.
A standard psu will be 86 x 150mm.
The focus units are short at 150mm so length will not be an issue.
Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech
Exactly what model of the optiplex 7010 do you have?
Some are slim units that will not support a full sized ATX psu.

What graphics card would you like to install?
A slim case will restrict your options.
Past that, even the larger cases may not have sufficient airflow intake to support a hot graphics card.

Exactly what model of the optiplex 7010 do you have?
Some are slim units that will not support a full sized ATX psu.

What graphics card would you like to install?
A slim case will restrict your options.
Past that, even the larger cases may not have sufficient airflow intake to support a hot graphics card.

I have a Mini Tower (the larger one), and I'm going to ask my dad to drill some holes so I can plug in some extra fans. I currently have the standard OEM power supply from Dell, so as long as the PSU you shared is smaller or equivalent in size, it should fit fine.

Thanks!

What graphics card do you want to install?
A card without a need for aux 6 pin power should run on your 275w psu.
That might be as good as a GTX1650.
Measure the dimensions at the back of your psu.
A standard psu will be 86 x 150mm.
The focus units are short at 150mm so length will not be an issue.

Solution
Oct 8, 2019
I have a Mini Tower (the larger one), and I'm going to ask my dad to drill some holes so I can plug in some extra fans. I currently have the standard OEM power supply from Dell, so as long as the PSU you shared is smaller or equivalent in size, it should fit fine.

Thanks!

Hello just putting my .02 in here.

If all you want is a better PSU to run the computera nd add a better GPU the PSU listed previously is a great one. Allow me to submit for your consideration though......

I moved my Optiplex 790 into a standard NSK3180 Micro-ATX/Mini-ITX case and had some fun modding. If you like detail work and creating things you might try it with yours. I had a blast doing it and since the case was free (I bought it for the RAM that was on the Mobo inside of it) and am selling the old CPU (Athalon II X4 core) so the $$ I put out to get it will make me more. That doesn't always work out like that lol. If you like I can show you what I did. I literraly used and reconfigured the original OptiPlex parts even the 5 pin prorpietary power plug, button and diagnostic lights. I am not going to sugar coat this at all, it was a lot of planning and staring and trial an error but the end result is a fully upgradable unit (well in terms of the parts fitting a case if being replaced.) but it will accept any PSU GPU or DDR3 RAM that I wish to use. Anyway have a great day and regardless what you decide to do, enjoy your OptiPlex they are really decent machines for the $$ you have to put out for them.