[SOLVED] Dell OptiPlex 790 SFF Compatible Case?

Dec 25, 2020
So, I've never been a fan of the 790 SFF OEM Case. Currently, I have it set-up as an Open-Air Case, but I'm going to be moving soon and that's just not going to work, lol. So, I'm curious if anybody knows of a Compatible case swap?

Solution
"Archaic59, post: 22128338, member: 1701380"]
Dell D28YY board. If this is the board you have, it appears to have a custom mounting hole layout that will not be compatible with any retail manufactured case from what I can see. Try a visual inspection to confirm."

Ah, bummer. I suppose I'll have to look for a DDR3 1155 Mobo then. But it might just be cheaper to upgrade.
I would not spend money trying to keep such an old system going unless it's a very small amount. If you can find a working, used board for really cheap, then maybe. Use as is or build new is my recommendation.
So, I've never been a fan of the 790 SFF OEM Case. Currently, I have it set-up as an Open-Air Case, but I'm going to be moving soon and that's just not going to work, lol. So, I'm curious if anybody knows of a Compatible case swap?
Dell D28YY board. If this is the board you have, it appears to have a custom mounting hole layout that will not be compatible with any retail manufactured case from what I can see. Try a visual inspection to confirm.

578fe8bfa4749_324543b.jpg

Dec 25, 2020
Dell D28YY board. If this is the board you have, it appears to have a custom mounting hole layout that will not be compatible with any retail manufactured case from what I can see. Try a visual inspection to confirm."

Ah, bummer. I suppose I'll have to look for a DDR3 1155 Mobo then. But it might just be cheaper to upgrade.

I would not spend money trying to keep such an old system going unless it's a very small amount. If you can find a working, used board for really cheap, then maybe. Use as is or build new is my recommendation.

Solution