LightningsalesUK

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2013
Unsure of the issue with my Dell M6600 Laptop.
I turned it off as normal and when I tried to turn it back on nothing seems to be happening.
When I plug the charger in, Screen remains blank, one fan spins up, power LED comes up solid white and after about 15 seconds it starts over, non-stop, constantly.
The power button seems to do nothing at all, the system turns on the second the power is plugged in. The system doesn't seem to charge the battery it does not hold charge at all.
At one point while messing around the battery indicator light started fast flashing orange.
I am unsure why one of the fans isn't working at all.

I've been using a 130W charger and I know it wants 240W. Could this be causing issues?

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to disassemble the laptop, while it's disconnected from the wall, till you reach the rams and the battery. Remove the battery and the sticks of ram. With the power sources disconnected, press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Use an eraser to wipe the gold contacts of the sticks of ram. Make sure they're wiped clean before you reseat them.

Reassemble the laptop and reconnect the laptop to the wall(but not the battery) and try powering up. If you get success powering up, power down, disconnect from wall and then try the same with only the battery.

I've been using a 130W charger and I know it wants 240W.
...yes that can be one issue, you might've even crippled the battery for the laptop using the wrong adapter/power brick.

LightningsalesUK

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2013
Ive been doing some testing.

I completely stripped the system down, cleaned everything and rebuilt it. Nothing looks scorched or out of place.
I have replaced the CMOS battery also.
But the issue is the same.

LightningsalesUK

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2013
You might want to disassemble the laptop, while it's disconnected from the wall, till you reach the rams and the battery. Remove the battery and the sticks of ram. With the power sources disconnected, press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Use an eraser to wipe the gold contacts of the sticks of ram. Make sure they're wiped clean before you reseat them.

Reassemble the laptop and reconnect the laptop to the wall(but not the battery) and try powering up. If you get success powering up, power down, disconnect from wall and then try the same with only the battery.

I've been using a 130W charger and I know it wants 240W.
...yes that can be one issue, you might've even crippled the battery for the laptop using the wrong adapter/power brick.

If I hold the power button down for a long time the system will then turn off and the battery indicator will fast flash orange.
I looked up this error and it says Fatal battery failure with AC adapter present

TRENDING THREADS