Dell Precision T5500 flashing 2,3,4 and Amber light

May 14, 2016
Hello to all the experts...

I recently just logged off and shut down my computer. When I went to power it back on, I get a steady diagnostic 2,3,4 green flashing and solid amber power on/off light. Replaced power supply with refurbished, still the same problem. Then Dell support says to try and replace the input/output board so, ordered that one with refurbished with new cables, same issue. Some other things done were removing the CMOS battery and re-start, no luck, re-seated all memory, no luck, checked all connections, good...I am told it is possibly the motherboard but, just want see if anyone has any idea's before I order one of those...

Thanks in advance for any support provided!!!

May 14, 2016
Hi,

I am not using a riser card. With normal components like 3 dims, 1 nvidia quadro 4000, 2.93ghz quadcore cpu.

After pressing switch on butoton, it starts flashing 2,3,4 and Amber light instantly.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks.

May 14, 2016

Hi,

Yes but my problem is different. I check everything from A to Z.

Do you think it is motherboard fault. If it is then how my nvidia quadro 4000 fans were working.

Thanks.

Samrezkhan

Reputable
Dec 21, 2016

Hi,

Yes but my problem is different. I check everything from A to Z.

Do you think it is motherboard fault. If it is then how my nvidia quadro 4000 fans were working.

Thanks.
Did you find a solution to this?