Question Desktop GPU upgrade to GTX 1650? Please help !

May 4, 2023
Hi, I have a Lenovo Thinkcentre m82 SFF with a GeForce 710 2gb low profile. Intel i5
12 gb ram
I would like to upgrade to a GTX 1650 4gb low profile.
Will my pc support the GPU ? If not, which should I upgrade to ?

Reactions: 7medd
May 4, 2023
The GT 1030 would be your best bet as the people above have rightly pointed out. The thing is, you're upgrading from a video adapter to a glorified video adapter.

What are you hoping to gain from this upgrade?
Thanks !
Hoping to gain more performance,
Sometimes I stream and play, would like to have better results from this upgrade

Reactions: Avro Arrow

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
GT710 to GT1030 is night and day difference in ability. Lenovo and others generally use the lowest, least performance, cheapest version, which invariably ends up being the DDR3 version. And that's assuming it's the full Stat version, many times they purchased alt-stock versions that came from batches that failed or would fail retail requirement testing. Dell was famous for that.

D

Deleted member 2838871

Can't find a gt 1030 4gb low profile in the market, do you guys know if they are low profile by default ?

I just saw quite a few on eBay doing a search for 1030 low profile. They were anywhere from $40 to $80... and I saw that you computer you have on eBay for $90 with integrated graphics.

If the slot bracket sticks way up higher than the card (like below) it's low profile, and should/will include a shorter slot bracket. They typically come with the normal height bracket preinstalled.
2954-front.jpg

Reactions: lilo7

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
Can't find a gt 1030 4gb low profile in the market, do you guys know if they are low profile by default ?

GT 1030 are 2GB gpu's. I don't know any 4GB versions.

very important. Buy a GT 1030 GDDR5, there is a weaker GT 1030 DDR4 that is often sold for the same price.

here is a comparison of GDDR5 and DDR4 version of the 1030.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a80mtoQklSo

here's a pic of my Asus GDDR5 GT1030. Has a normal size bracket right now, but it is also supplied with a low profile bracket which is currently inside the box. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: lilo7