Roanantelope

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
Hi,

My problem started when my Grandson started using GTA SanAndreas. he used cheat numbers and now my Desktop XP Proffessional has a half white screen. I have tried most of the suggestions found but nothing helps. Can someone assist me please.

Dave. :hello: :hello:

me 1

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2010
-go to the gta forums, maybe there is something similar

-if U think gta is the trouble, go to the game folder and copy the saved games, uninstall the game, and reinstall it again.I think it's the best option.

-try a system restore. Start>run>msconfig>system restore.

-does it do the same on another user?

-if it's not the game it could be your video card or your monitor.

-...and, if U have one computer for two people it's better to make 2 separate users.

:hello:

Roanantelope

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
Thanks me 1

I truly think problem lies with GTA. I cannot contact them. I keep getting page not available. I have tried system restore without success all other programs work fine including GTA it only affects my desktop. Once this problem is sorted out I will creat a separate user for my grandson. He has played this game many times, it is only the last time he used these cheat codes.

Roanantelope.

me 1

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2010
U can try accessing it via the forum directly and register. But u can also read this:
here's something about white screens: (i dunno if it helps, but hope u can access it)
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=312742

Reinstalling the game would be the best option.

But,if not,the reason I mentioned another user is because if u do create another user(takes about 1 minute) it's likely (if it is GTA) that it doesn't have that problem.
or if u want U can check if that happens in safe mode too.

Good luck!

Roanantelope

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
me 1,
tried second user and desktop normal. Nothing from GTA. They say the game is not causing that fault. I get this error: line 65 Char 1 error oject does not support this action. Code 0 file://C:/documents%20and%20settings/dave/application%20data%/Microsoft/internet%20explorer/desktop.htt

Hope this helps you.
Roanantelope.

Roanantelope

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
Still waiting for a reply to my problem. GTA have been helpful but assure me that this is not a fault caused by GTA. I uninstalled the game but it made no difference. I am still trying to find an answer.

Roanantelope.