[SOLVED] Desktop not booting after beep

Anguser

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2015
Hi,
Until a couple of days back, my PC was just fine till I came across a strange booting issue.

Before going ahead, here are a few terms I will be using, Stage 1 of booting: on pressing the 'power on' button on chasis, my Keyboard and mouse leds and monitors backlight and monitors power led light up for a moment and again turn off, the BEEP sound comes and monitor and peripheral leds turn on again [till this stage, if I press the power on button on chasis once, without holding it, the PC stops booting and turns off]
Stage 2 of booting: this stage refers to the time after my motherboard manufacturers logo is displayed and all the peripheral leds are turned on completely [from here on, to turn off PC using Power button, I will have to hold the button for 5secs or more.]
Stage 3: completely booted up.

Yesterday and day before yesterday, few attempts of turning on my PC, didn't go beyond stage 1. i.e. after pressing power button, peripheral led turned on and monitor led went blue for a moment and again turned off [monitor led turned orange] monitor goes to sleep , PC did BEEP, and peripheral leds didn't turn back on including num lock etc. and as I said a single click of power button turns off the pc.
But after few attepts it did boot completely.

But yesterday eve, I started a Windows update[which was pending for several days, thanks to only 4gb free space on my ssd which I managed to free up to 15gb before restarting the system for the update], during the shutting down part of the restart, the update process reached 100% but during the reboot, again the boot process stuck at stage 1 and now even after several attempts, its not going beyond stage 1 and hence I'm not able to use my PC.

My specs are:
Ryzen 3 1200 nonOC,
Asus B350 motherboard,
HyperX 8gb ram,
Corsair VS450 PSU,
Kingston 120gb ssd,
1terab external hdd,
Corsair 100R case.

Sorry for long wind, wanted to be as informative as possible.
Looking forward to solving this...
Thanks in advance!
Edit: minor corrections and added commas.

Last edited:
Solution
Clean dust first, if you haven't. Then check hardware problem. Check if RAM is lose. Clean dust from RAM by pulling out. Then insert again. This seems like dust or RAM problem.
Hi,
Until a couple of days back, my PC was just fine till I came across a strange booting issue.

Before that here's are a few terms I will be using, Stage 1 of booting: on pressing the power on button on chasis, my Keyboard and mouse leds and monitors backlight and monitors power led light up for a moment again turn off, the BEEP sound comes and monitor and peripheral leds turn on [till this stage if I press the power on button on chasis once without holding the PC stops booting and turns off]
Stage 2 of booting: this stage refers to the time after my motherboard manufacturers logo is displayed and all the peripheral leds are turned on completely [from here to turn off PC using Power button I will have to hold the button for 5secs or more.]
Stage 3: completely booted up

Yesterday and day before yesterday, for a few attempts of turning on my PC, didn't go beyond stage 1. i.e. after pressing power button peripheral led turned on and monitor led went blue for a moment and turned off PC did BEEP, but then monitor goes to sleep and peripheral leds didn't turn back on including num lock etc. and as I said a single click of power button turns off the pc.
But after few attepts it did boot completely.

But yesterday eve, I started a Windows update[which was pending for several days, thanks to only 4gb free space on my ssd till yesterday], during the shutting down part of the restart, the update process reached 100% but during the rebbot again the boot process stuck at stage 1 and now even after several attempts, its not going beyond stage 1 and hence I'm not able to use my PC.

My specs are:
Ryzen 3 1200 nonOC,
Asus B350 motherboard,
HyperX 8gb ram,
Corsair VS450 PSU,
Kingston 120gb ssd,
1terab external hdd,
Corsair 100R case.

Sorry for long wind, wanted to be as informative as possible.
Looking forward to solving this...
Thanks in advance!
  1. Are you sure you had the ryzen 3 1200? If you did have the ryzen 3 1200, what GPU did you have? because if the the 450W PSU can't hanlde the GPU, the PC will not boot.
  2. Keep in mind, when the SSD is full, the system will conceivably hang, or even can't boot. So check your SSD again to see it is full or not.

Anguser

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2015
  1. Are you sure you had the ryzen 3 1200? If you did have the ryzen 3 1200, what GPU did you have? because if the the 450W PSU can't hanlde the GPU, the PC will not boot.
  2. Keep in mind, when the SSD is full, the system will conceivably hang, or even can't boot. So check your SSD again to see it is full or not.
Thanks for the reply!
I have a 1050Ti nonOC. My PSU seems to be sufficient. Also I would like to mention I am using this system for 2 yrs now.
If it's the ssd, shouldn't it at least show my Motherboards logo? It should at least complete the stage 1 of boot up I mentioned above.
Still I will try hooking up my ssd to friends machine and see.
I watched some videos on Youtube about similar problems, they replaced the ram and it worked.
But, in past 2 years nothing's changed with my sys. So I don't know how it could be ram, which suddenly caused the issue, while it was just 2 days before everything was fine.
Also I am not receiving any errorcodes.

Last edited:

rajatinfo

Commendable
Aug 4, 2019
Clean dust first, if you haven't. Then check hardware problem. Check if RAM is lose. Clean dust from RAM by pulling out. Then insert again. This seems like dust or RAM problem.

Solution

Anguser

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2015
Yes actually I should do a clean up. But, don't have time for that for a few days... Will let you guyz know, once I do it!