Iamdreamwriter

Honorable
Feb 13, 2015
My custom desktop has been shutting down(screens dark, towers lights dark, no fan sounds and unresponsive unless removed from power for 60 seconds) at random intervals.

I took it to my local computer shop and they said that I had some bad sectors on my hard drive for my C: Drive and I that thermal paste had seeped into my old motherboard.

I had them replace the processor(FX8370E to Ryzen 5 2600), motherboard and memory sticks but I kept all of the same hard drives and my Nvidia GTX 970. I do get a warning: +12V voltage 3.357V as soon as I log in but everything seems to be within the margins.

I have two problems. I need to switch the boot drive and how to move the system reserved drive. I have already cloned my C: drive to another physical drive but I can't get it the disk manager or boot to accept it as the new one so I can switch it. My hope is that the continued issues are caused by the boot drive still having those bad sectors because my games are installed on multiple drives and I've experienced the same issue across each of them.

Any pointers or tips anyone could provide would be most helpful. Normally, I would go to my local computer shop for service but unfortunately, they are currently closed down.

Best Regards,

RAL

My custom desktop has been shutting down(screens dark, towers lights dark, no fan sounds and unresponsive unless removed from power for 60 seconds) at random intervals.

I took it to my local computer shop and they said that I had some bad sectors on my hard drive for my C: Drive and I that thermal paste had seeped into my old motherboard.

I had them replace the processor(FX8370E to Ryzen 5 2600), motherboard and memory sticks but I kept all of the same hard drives and my Nvidia GTX 970. I do get a warning: +12V voltage 3.357V as soon as I log in but everything seems to be within the margins.

I have two problems. I need to switch the boot drive and how to move the system reserved drive. I have already cloned my C: drive to another physical drive but I can't get it the disk manager or boot to accept it as the new one so I can switch it. My hope is that the continued issues are caused by the boot drive still having those bad sectors because my games are installed on multiple drives and I've experienced the same issue across each of them.

Any pointers or tips anyone could provide would be most helpful. Normally, I would go to my local computer shop for service but unfortunately, they are currently closed down.

Best Regards,

RAL

A Hard Disk wouldn't cause shutdowns and fans shutting down. Please, list your PSU as that is the most important factor in your problem.

Mar 29, 2020
i have a cpu
which is working fine when i just turned on the pc its working fine like 30mintue or 40 and restarts randomly at starting and if window is a problem it should not restart at first and then i just turn of the pc then after 30mintune i again turn on pc it working 30 to 40 then randomly reatart and then restarting in ever second
i change the power supply nothing happened apply thermal paste on processor nothing m sick of this brother plz help me is this a ram problem wht u sujjest?
plz help plz

Mar 29, 2020
i said why 40mintues of ny computer working and suddenly restarts and when i open my internet like some taking like google chrome then it just restarts in 20mintue