Desktop right click doesn't work randomly for a few seconds. But right click works on the taskbar or anywhere apart from the desktop. Any idea why?

neo4evr

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
Hi,
I am facing a strange problem on Windows 11 on my new Asus Vivobook laptop. The right-click of mouse does not work randomly for a few seconds only on the desktop. But the right-click works everywhere else, for example- inside a game, on the taskbar or tray area.
I have done a fresh Windows 11 installation (not reset, but full format and install). But still, the problem occurs.
I can confirm that this is not a mouse issue because the same issue happens with other mice, or using the touchpad.
Can anyone help me with this, please? Any idea why it may not work or any fix for this issue?
Thank you so much.

Ralston18

Titan
Perhaps some buggy or corrupted files. Maybe an existing file or some recent update.

Look in Reliability History/Monitor: any error codes, warnings, or informational events that correspond to the times that the right click "disappeared"? Or returned?

Try the built in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Also try "sfc /scannow" and "dism".

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

How to use DISM command tool to repair Windows 10 image | Windows Central