Question Desktop USB Hub Recommendation

JoeFig44

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2012
My PC is in a tough place to access under my desk, so I have two separate USB-A cables coming up from it (each to it's own PC port) through a little drilled hole in the corner of my desk top.

These connect my Logitech keyboard and mouse.

I'd like to know which USB hub could I use to connect one of these USB-A cables to to then be able to on my desk top have ability to plug additional cables (including USB-C, etc.) to either connect ot the PC or to just recharge devices from (Macbook Pro, iphone, etc.)

The key I emphasizing here is the upstream connection is USB-A right now. Should I be using the USB-C port instead as the upstream connection and getting a hub that is as such?

JoeFig44

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2012
Why not get USB extension cables? I tend to steer clear of USB hubs since there are instances where they have been hiccups on a perfectly operating system.

That being said, you could take a look at these;
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-7-Port-Adapter-Charging-iPhone/dp/B014ZQ07NE?ref_=ast_sto_dp
I'm using extensions right now, but I want to be able to charge my macbook pro (usb-c) and my iphone on the desk, plus ideally have a place to plug headphones into.