[SOLVED] Destroyed my GPU Fan, can I fix?

Jul 23, 2021
Hello everyone,

During my cleanup today I was going to clean the GPU so I unscrewed everything and removed the cover, when trying to disconnect the wire connecting the cover to the GPU, I accidentally cut the black wire connected to the GPU fan, so I knew I screwed up, now that I have connected everything together, to no surprise the GPU fan isn't spinning anymore, is this something that can be fixed, or do I need to buy a new GPU?

GPU is a GTX 1070

USAFRet

Titan
Hello everyone,

During my cleanup today I was going to clean the GPU so I unscrewed everything and removed the cover, when trying to disconnect the wire connecting the cover to the GPU, I accidentally cut the black wire connected to the GPU fan, so I knew I screwed up, now that I have connected everything together, to no surprise the GPU fan isn't spinning anymore, is this something that can be fixed, or do I need to buy a new GPU?

GPU is a GTX 1070
A clear picture of the damage would go a long way in diagnosing a potential fix.

Jul 22, 2021
I think please don't just throw away your GPU only because of a broken fan wire! Even you can fix it with a soldering kit (even a cheap one will do)! If you don't know soldering then don't worry. You can obtain soldering guidance over YouTube or just get it repaired on a local Electronics repairing shop (be alert that the mechanic doesn't swap over for any cheaper replacement!).
Good Luck!

Reactions: MarkvdDAM