Deus Ex: HR Played on AMD Eyefinity 5x1 Portrait

Status
Not open for further replies.

accolite

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]utengineer[/nom]"The best way to play Deus Ex: Human Revolution in the world."Not so much. Bezels are distracting. Projectors anyone?[/citation]

I think projectors with no bezel would be awesome.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]ACCOLITE[/nom]I think projectors with no bezel would be awesome.[/citation]
Projectors may be the only true bezel free solution out there. Kudos for bringing that to light: I honestly never thought to put a couple projectors together in this way. You would need some MAD wall space to make this work right...

rosen380

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
Are there projectors that can match the resolution displayed here [I'm guessing something like 6000x1900]? Or are you suggesting a multiple projector setup that lines up multiple images just perfectly to provide a seemless image?

I know Silicon Graphics had a system like that, like 10 years ago [I think called 'reality centers'] that were setups that consisted of huge bits of hardware and cost in the six-figure range

nbraybrook

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
1 inch gaps between screens, BARF, really not even worth it looks terribly ugly. What would be nice would be multi screen for like BF3, have the game on one screen, map overview, squad and stats on another.. Stretching games across multiple screens is cool in theory but terribly ugly in practice...

jujuvivi

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
Still need to:
- Divide Bezels width by 4
- Add 3D
And you get an unbelievable immersion.

High end CPU & 28nm Video Cards should be able to handle it in the next years.

Ball is on the display side to offer such panoramic affordable view.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
Why not just hook up your PC to a big screen plasma or LCD?

I hook my PC up to my 50" plasma and it works flawless, no lag at all.

The whole bezel dividers really throw off the immersion factor IMO.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
PS: I realize this was more a "proof of concept" than anything. I just don't see why someone would go this route over hooking up to a big screen TV instead. It's cheaper and better.

BlackHawk91

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
[citation][nom]beardguy[/nom]Why not just hook up your PC to a big screen plasma or LCD? I hook my PC up to my 50" plasma and it works flawless, no lag at all. The whole bezel dividers really throw off the immersion factor IMO.[/citation]
1080p on a 50" screen looks horrible and you can't get a surround experience.

G

What's the video card(s) setup used here? And what kind of video card setup would be required to play at this size and still max out the effects? (I'd rather play on 3 screens, or even 1, with everything turned up, than use this monster as a very large 2005-era experience...)

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
Has that guy even played a FPS on a PC before? He's horrible! He can't even walk around a corner without getting stuck. What a lame video.

G

I'm tired of the industry pushing multiple monitor setups. The bezels make the "screen" look like crap and it's totally distracting. Real gamers use a single huge monitor or tv.

ChromeTusk

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010

Agreed, and I think a curved wall is best for the application.

:love: Eyefinity Challege :love: from 2009, last row of pictures at the bottom.
Imagine the full released version of BF3 on the projector screens at the bottom of the article. :sol:

I remember seeing some monitors that have no bezel edge. Unfortunately, I cannot find the correct manufacturer to provide the link.

What resolution to you have the 50" set to? I doubt it matches the 5x1 portrait or even a 3x1 landscape.

[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom]Projectors may be the only true bezel free solution out there. Kudos for bringing that to light: I honestly never thought to put a couple projectors together in this way. You would need some MAD wall space to make this work right...[/citation]
Not really. I have done a 3 projector setup (didnt work very well for frame rate as this was back in the Pentium3/4 days), and most projectors will focus quite well at 4-5 feet from you to make a good ~30" screen. I was using Animation Master, which ran a bit slow, but the screen real estate was something to behold!

The largest problem I had was getting a distortion free surface that warped around me instead of a large flat wall. But then again I only had 2 days to play with it before returning the projectors to school. On modern hardware with a good frame rate, and some time to get a good surface it would be fairly simple to do. Only problem would be a lack of true 'black' as the light from the projectors would interfere with each other.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
With all of the creative talent out there... why hasn't anyone made their very own case for all 5 screens? I would if I had the cash. I would dissect all 5 right down to the bare screen and mush them all together. That bezel has got to be annoying, although the portrait setup seems to do it justice.

mcd023

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom]Projectors may be the only true bezel free solution out there. Kudos for bringing that to light: I honestly never thought to put a couple projectors together in this way. You would need some MAD wall space to make this work right...[/citation]

At Louisiana Tech Univ., the aviation dept. has a simulator that uses 3 projectors in landscape for 180 view that is displayed on curved walls so there is no distortion. It works. It'd be great to be able to play a game like that. You may be able to put some projectors side ways if they support it for 1920 vertical res. Your very own 2K projector system like at the theater! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.