[SOLVED] Device Manager showing only HID Keyboard Device and HID-compliant mouse, no individual keyboard + mouse

fr1ghtn1gh

Prominent
Nov 19, 2018
I own a Hyper X Mechanical keyboard and a Logitech gaming mouse, however in the device manager theses devices are not listed. Instead I see x4 HID keyboard device in the Keyboards tab and x2 HID-compliant mouse in the Mice device tab. There is nowhere in the device manager that show my actual keyboard and mouse devices.

Below is a link of my device manager.

Device Manager

How do I get my PC to recognise these and list them under the device manager tab?

Solution
In Powershell with elevated rights run

"Get-WindowsDriver -Online -All"

Likely to result in a long listing.

My Logitech mouse appeared as:

Driver : oem55.inf
OriginalFileName : C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\lfmouhid.inf_amd64_33693c88cc9d340d\lfmouhid.inf
Inbox : False
ClassName : Mouse
BootCritical : True
ProviderName : Logitech
Date : 4/3/2018 12:00:00 AM
Version : 5.92.28.0

My Logitech keyboard appears as :

Driver : whyperkbd.inf
OriginalFileName : C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\whyperkbd.inf_amd64_6c54f73a58d5fb2c\whyperkbd.inf
Inbox : True
ClassName : Keyboard
ProviderName ...

Colif

Win 11 Master
I have found that newer keyboards and mice are more likely to show under Human Interface Devices and not Keyboard/Mice areas. I think those are more for legacy devices.
Having said that, I noticed that only my mouse is actually named in HID, the Keyboard isn't but Logitech G Hub virtual keyboard & Mouse are in there.
3JScsdq.jpg

MY PC knows what devices I have, it shows their names in Settings/devices/bt and other devices

I don't know if you can do anything, it may be up to the manufacturer to show it there.

fr1ghtn1gh

Prominent
Nov 19, 2018
Device Manager > View (tab) > is "Show hidden devices" checked?

Did you download the Hyper X drivers via the manufacturer's website and manually install and configure the drivers?

I have not found any drivers for the Hyper X alloy series. I have just seen a firmware update. I have the Logitech Hub and still no change.

fr1ghtn1gh

Prominent
Nov 19, 2018
I have found that newer keyboards and mice are more likely to show under Human Interface Devices and not Keyboard/Mice areas. I think those are more for legacy devices.
Having said that, I noticed that only my mouse is actually named in HID, the Keyboard isn't but Logitech G Hub virtual keyboard & Mouse are in there.
3JScsdq.jpg

MY PC knows what devices I have, it shows their names in Settings/devices/bt and other devices

I don't know if you can do anything, it may be up to the manufacturer to show it there.

There is nothing in Human Interface Devices that show any reference to the keyboard or mouse I have. I used to have Driver Booster and it gave me an error with my mouse and keyboard saying "device not found". I have found nothing online how to solve this as I feel it doesn't recognise my devices properly.

Colif

Win 11 Master

Ralston18

Titan
In Powershell with elevated rights run

"Get-WindowsDriver -Online -All"

Likely to result in a long listing.

My Logitech mouse appeared as:

Driver : oem55.inf
OriginalFileName : C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\lfmouhid.inf_amd64_33693c88cc9d340d\lfmouhid.inf
ClassName : Mouse
Date : 4/3/2018 12:00:00 AM
Version : 5.92.28.0

My Logitech keyboard appears as :

Driver : whyperkbd.inf
OriginalFileName : C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\whyperkbd.inf_amd64_6c54f73a58d5fb2c\whyperkbd.inf
Inbox : True
ClassName : Keyboard
ProviderName : Microsoft
Date : 6/21/2006 12:00:00 AM
Version : 10.0.19041.1

Then there was this:

Driver : oem14.inf
OriginalFileName : C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\lpro564v.inf_amd64_eee0aa15871bd97b\lpro564v.inf
ClassName : Image
BootCritical : False
Date : 10/22/2012 12:00:00 AM
Version : 13.80.853.0

ClassName = Image (???)

ClassName and ProviderName appear to be the most relevant with respect to identifying drivers.

Curious indeed....

I am going to work on the Get-WindowsDriver cmdlet and focus the "Get" on Logitech peripherals.

Solution
Oct 29, 2020
Most mice and keyboards have a generic driver. After all, unless your mouse has any special functionality, it has no reason to have its own driver. One size fits all.