Question Devices connected via USB disconnecting and reconnecting even in bios

Dec 4, 2021
Hello everyone.
So today we have a weird issue o'mine. Let me tell you about it.
Don't know how it started, but now I have USB ports randomly disconnecting when there's any action applied to the PC, and reconnecting a few seconds after.
The only thing I can remember doing with PC in last two weeks (the problem is 2-4 weeks old) is cleaning it with pressurised air, not disassembling a thing except Video Card cable.
Devices won't disconnect when I'm watching videos, films, listening to music, but once I start to move mouse or play games or whatever - tada, mouse disconnects for 1-3 seconds.
My friends on Discord told me that sometimes even my USB mic goes silent when I have my mouse disconnected, but I haven't seen it in device manager. The only thing that's disappearing from there is mouse.
Also, fun fact, when this happening, PC itself goes wild, CPU and sometimes one of the drives goes crazy, I see anomalies in their usage in Task Manager, like sudden drops/rises, that are really off the median. If mouse disconnects while I'm in game there starts a heavy freezing-lagging shitshow for 5-15 seconds after each disconnect.
Tho mouse disconnects even when I'm in BIOS.
I must mention that theres approx 7 USB ports plugged on my PC, but there was no issue when there was 10+ plugged devices (and yep, I've tried to unplugging some of them to check if the issue was in them.

Now, for those who tried googling after reading the description, here's what I've already tried:
  • USB Power settings for specific USB drives (unchecked the "Allow to disconnect device when power blah blah")
  • Set power to high performance power setting
  • Unchecked the "Allow disconnect USBs" in high performance settings enchanced settings
  • Turned off gaming/oc mode on Video Card (well I believe I've done it, still not sure how to work with GPU Tweak II, but I'm in silent mode now, and also I've pressed Default button there. If there's another way to do it - let me know)
  • Updated chipset
  • Tried to plug mouse to USB 2.0, 3.1 V1 and 3.1 V2
  • Tried troubleshooting via Windows
  • Tried to turn off most of RGB lights, especially on Videocard and Memory sticks
  • Checked if devices work correctly on other PC
  • Detected which one of the devices in USB submenu in Device manager disappearing when disconnect appears and tried to delete the device/update driver
  • Checked if device's cables are ok, not having issues even when I jiggle cables
  • Updated mouse software
  • Deleted mouse software
  • Reinstalled mouse software
  • Deleted keyboard software that was chained with mouse software
  • Tried to plug in some high energy consuming devices like Wheel+Pedals+Gearbox and Airplane joystick (nothing happened, literally, and wheel n stuff was working well when mouse disconnects happened)
  • Probably something else cause it started grinding me really hard 3 days ago and I've done a lot since then
I'm starting to get crazy cause every disconnect is like a fork that is scratching glass. I would appreciate any help before I've gone nuts completely.

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming
CPU: i5 9400F
Video Card: ASUS ROG STRIX 1660 Ti OC
PSU: Corsair RM750x
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16Gb (2x8) 2666MHz

P.S. There was not a single disconnect while I was writing this topic, tho there was like 20-30 disconnects while I was doing my final self-lurking through internet for last hour or so.
P.S.S. If you think that one of the things I've already tried was tried in a wrong way - let me know, I will try to check it again. I'm going to sleep now cause I need some rest but I will gladly reply to you as soon as I'll wake up in the morning.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? OS version(not edition) if you're working with Windows 10? How old is the PSU in the build? Mind sharing all your devices that are using the USB ports on your platform, both front and rear ports? Speaking of ports, see if you can manually reinstall your chipset drivers, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, using the latest drivers sourced from Asus's support site.

Dec 4, 2021

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? OS version(not edition) if you're working with Windows 10? How old is the PSU in the build? Mind sharing all your devices that are using the USB ports on your platform, both front and rear ports? Speaking of ports, see if you can manually reinstall your chipset drivers, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, using the latest drivers sourced from Asus's support site.
Let's see...
BIOS is 1802, 01.12.2020
OS is Windows 10 21H2
PSU is from autumn 2019 such as the whole PC itself except hard drives

The devices that are installed are:
[Back]
USB Mic (let me know if the name important to you cause it's from china and I need to look fot the name of it. I assume it's Neewer NW-700, but I need to check it) - USB 2.0
USB Headset HyperX Cloud II - USB 2.0
Razer Deathadder Essential - USB 3.1 Gen2 (tried all 3 types of usb, just left it where it is)
Razer Blackwidow Elite - USB 3.1 Gen 1

[Front]
Dualshock 3 (PS3 Gamepad)
Lightning for apple stuff, most of the times just hangs there (type-c port)
Sometimes Wheel (Logitec G25), but most of the time it sits unplugged and the problem began before I started using it again after a long long time

That's it for USB ports. Now, I need a bit of help with reinstalling drivers, because I'm pretty sure I've done something wrong (redone it in the morning, same result).
So I got to the support page of my MOBO, found drivers section, found chipset driver. Downloaded it (700+ MB), unpacked, installed, and in the ending screen the installator said that I've successfully installed some Intel services, said nothing about driver or my need to restart PC.
I will try to do it again in 30-60 minutes and will provide you more informative steps I've doing here, PC is a bit busy at the moment.

Dec 4, 2021

I've checked what I've installed and it was an Intel Management Engine. I've downloaded it by pressing download button on chipset option on asus site: click. Have no idea how to even launch it, can only remove or repair by launching the same installation.