galvgal87

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
Hello, I recently had installed norton and then uninstalled it. Some how my settings got messed up and my wireless internet connection will not connect now it stays stuck on aquiring network address, like it wants to connect. I went to services and went to dhcp client to try and start it up but when I press to start it, it says could not start the dhcp client service on local computer, error 1075: the dependency service does not exist or has benn marked for deletion. What should I do?? please help

Windows system restore to date prior to installing Norton.

Other trouble shooting:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-networking/error-1075-the-dependency-service-does-not-exist/39ec4b3e-8a6d-48d1-bf52-25fe7c47b3de

galvgal87

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
Ok thanks, it was fine around 6pm central time on dec 20th. I dont see a point for that, I see the date I can click, would I have to create a new restore point for that date?

You said you do not see a restore point for that date.
Do you have one for 19th or prior ?
Realizing that the further back you go, any updates to your computer
since that date will have to be re installed.

galvgal87

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
I have a restore point for dec 21,20, and the 18th.. It doesnt have one for the 19thI. On dec 20th is whem I installed norton. I need to get it to a earlier time before I installed which would be early dec 20th around 5pm or so. It doesnt have a checkpoint for that time.

Then use the 18th.

You might also want to consider adding more disk space to restore point logging, as it appears you can only go back for about one week or so.

To allocate more disk space for archiving restore points

1. Right click My Computer > Properties
2. Click System Restore TAB.
3. Use slider bar to change the disk space allocation for desired drive.

M_O_U

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012

My guess is that Norton was installed after the infection, but the virus successfully hid until then. If restore does not help, i suggest that you follow the other advice in this thread, and as a last resort, consider how I fixed similar :
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/26306-42-dhcp-client-service-start-error-1068#bas