Diablo 3 Beta Details Arriving Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
i don't want to sound like an ass, but so many great games have been coming out recently, i have lost interest in anything blizzard has to offer. d3 is no exception, especially when there's triple a titles around the corner

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
I'm still very interest in D3, hopefully it will be release by the end of this year with no subscription base.
All my friends have indicated their interest of the game too, it will be a great title to social with my friends.

lolyumadbro

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]i don't want to sound like an ass, but so many great games have been coming out recently, i have lost interest in anything blizzard has to offer. d3 is no exception, especially when there's triple a titles around the corner[/citation]

Not to mention the crappy 2007 graphics! I'm crossing my fingers that the images/video they've displayed in the past were just made overnight to show gameplay.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
""In the meantime, go play Dungeon Siege 3 which is available now for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and the franchise's home territory, Windows PC."

What!?!?!?! God no! This game is nothing like Dungeon Siege 1 or II, or Diablo for that matter. You need a gamepad to play it properly. It's more like Gauntlet Dark Legacy with deeper RPG elements.

sceen311

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
"In the meantime, go play Dungeon Siege 3 which is available now for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and the franchise's home territory, Windows PC."

What the hell does that have to do with diablo 3? It's not even the same type of game?

There really is enough advertising on your website you don't need to slip more, as actual text, into the news articles those stupid mouse over blue texts are bad enough.

SuckRaven

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
Not to mention the crappy 2007 graphics! I'm crossing my fingers that the images/video they've displayed in the past were just made overnight to show gameplay.

I hear you on that. I don't remember when we saw the 1st gameplay footage and graphics of the game, but I certainly hope that once they have all of the gameplay elements smoothed out, they might go back and update their graphics a bit. I fear though that the game will be released using the graphics engine that Diablo III was originally designed on.

Maybe you guys remember, that of the things that upset many of the fans of the Diablo/Diablo II games was that the new artwork in the upcoming Diablo III just looked too cartoony and cheery. (the fact that they've gone WoW on it with idiotic block-like polygonal graphics doesn't help its situation much)

People went so far as to start a petition for a "Renewed artistic direction for Diablo 3" which I just checked has 63,937 signatures.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?d3art

I have to say that this is indeed one of the things that worries me the most too, is that they'll go nuts with auras an lighting/particle effects, and that it will somehow be so distracting as to detract from the core "feel" of gameplay.

I'm not going to hold my breath that Activision/Blizzard will actually listen to these petitions, but I do remember the first time my buddy and I played the original Diablo. There was a very particular feeling about it, and at times it was even creepy, especially combined with MAtt Ulemen's awesome original music.

I'll buy the game no matter what, but I fear that I'll end up disappointed in the style of the "art" of the graphics.

Blizzard is good though about making sure that their games run on computers of a wide range of graphics capabilities.

Whatever....... Go Diablo III !!!

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]sceen311[/nom]Dungeon Siege 3 Dev Promises to Fix PC Controls:http://www.tomshardware.com/news/D [...] 12994.html[/citation]

do they also promise to fix the @$%&ed multiplayer? i see no promise of that

impulse89

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
I'm not really sure how to feel about Diablo 3 now...
I started the diablo series when I was about 4 and now that I'm 23... I guess I'm hoping it will blow me away, but from the trailers I can't help but ask for more than just a hack and slash rpg. With games like Sacred, I really wanted to love, but I just couldn't

PCGOD

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
[citation][nom]lolyumadbro[/nom]Not to mention the crappy 2007 graphics! I'm crossing my fingers that the images/video they've displayed in the past were just made overnight to show gameplay.[/citation]

u mad bro?

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Hope they let me in the beta (can wish, can't I?). I may be giving up gaming soon, but I would never forgive myself for missing out on D3. The first was fun, and the second took many well spent hours of my life away.
My favorite time was me and two friends. Didn't even know their real names, but we hacked and slashed Diablo and the Cow King endlessly for their loot. Three Hammerdins, each running a different aura. Nothing could withstand our wall of hammers.

I'm perfectly fine with the graphics of D2, under the condition it is just as fun as D2.
640x480 (800x640 with LOD) capped resolution is unbearable on a 23" 2048x1152 monitor though. My Motorola ATRIX phone runs 960x540, and can output 1920x1080 via HDMI out in webtop mode (which is awesome).
Please, unlocked and custom resolutions Blizzard.

michalmierzwa

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
There is nothing we the Fans can do other than wait and see what Blizzard going to cook for us. I just hope they read news how bad DS3 performed and they fix things us before is goes gold

dchwick

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
But MTV's Multiplayer claims that the Diablo 3 press event will actually be dedicated to the upcoming beta. "...and how folks will be able to register to participate," the site reports.

MTV has video game news? It appears worthless anyway; anyone that checks the D3 site can see that you can opt in for Blizzard's betas through account settings and possibly be randomly selected, get lucky through a fansite promotion, or get lucky during a convention.

G

Most likely, I'll buy D3 when it comes out, but, honestly, I'm more excited about Torchlight 2.

I hope we'll get some Diablo 3 benchmarks soon after the beta is released. I need them for my next build...

"Banker" class? Does he pay monsters to kill each other? Does he make them fill out form after form until they kill themselves? I just can't figure out how this class fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.