Diablo III Collector's Edition and New Cinematic Reveled

Status
Not open for further replies.

klavis

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
Oh and the cinematic was down right inspiring. Probably won't buy the game, and if I do, it won't be till the prices is reduced, probably much later, but their cinematics are amazing. Should make a full fledged movie or something.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]klavis[/nom]Oh and the cinematic was down right inspiring. Probably won't buy the game, and if I do, it won't be till the prices is reduced, probably much later, but their cinematics are amazing. Should make a full fledged movie or something.[/citation]
Honestly, compared to the vanilla and BC cinematics, the trailer for Wrath, Cata and now MoP are a little disappointing. They used to do very high end CGI. Now it's just regular game graphics from a game engine thats well over 10 years old now.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]klavis[/nom]Oh and the cinematic was down right inspiring. Probably won't buy the game, and if I do, it won't be till the prices is reduced, probably much later, but their cinematics are amazing. Should make a full fledged movie or something.[/citation]
Oops, sorry, had a brain freeze. You meant the D3 trailer. Yes, that is an excellent one. I have long wished they would put their high end CGI talents to use for a movie.

When they announced the Warcraft movie I was hoping would be in the high end CGI style that they have used, but they decided to make it live action. That is if it's still going to be made.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]lutfij[/nom]wow, if we're seeing the collectors edition box set - the release aint that far behind![/citation]
Was suppose to be in December, but they already announced was pushed back into 2012.

viciousteletuby28

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
I love the order of the items in the collectors' edition! You get this and that and this and ... I feel like we're forgetting something ... and oh yes, you get the game too.

klavis

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
[citation][nom]wildkitten[/nom]Oops, sorry, had a brain freeze. You meant the D3 trailer. Yes, that is an excellent one. I have long wished they would put their high end CGI talents to use for a movie.When they announced the Warcraft movie I was hoping would be in the high end CGI style that they have used, but they decided to make it live action. That is if it's still going to be made.[/citation]

I had the same hope. When they decided to go live action for the movie I thought it was the stupidest thing in the world, however when I heard that Sam Raimi was going to direct it I felt better and i was even looking forward to it. Who knows if it will ever happen though.

goatsetung

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
+1

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
I wish they would make CGI movies! Heck, Blizzard should have it's own movie studio. Even though I don't know crap about Diablo I would buy a Diablo CGI movie just because it looks incredible.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]klavis[/nom]I had the same hope. When they decided to go live action for the movie I thought it was the stupidest thing in the world, however when I heard that Sam Raimi was going to direct it I felt better and i was even looking forward to it. Who knows if it will ever happen though.[/citation]
I can't think it will happen. For one thing it was already stalled, and with the slate of bad news for the Warcraft franchise, cancelled comics and the magazine due to low sales, weak sales for the pre Cataclysm novels and a declining subscriber base just after a new expansion comes out all go toward making a film studio very nervous.

The fact that Blizzard is doing this 'Get D3 free if you pay for WoW for the next year' promotion, which by the way is only for existing subscribers and players who have let their accounts go inactive, tells me they fully expect WoW to have a VERY bad year.

But who knows. Maybe things will get shaken up at Activision Blizzard soon. I'm keeping my hopes up for that to happen.

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
Not interested Activision/Blizzard. Keep your always on internet connection DRM, no LAN support anymore and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.