Diagonal Series of Rectangles on Screen

bruhthakuga

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2003
Friends,

Please help, I am getting a diagonal series of four rectangles on my screen, they show at Windows log on are still there when log in.

What are these and how do I get rid of them? My system is in Signature

For the sake of everyone reading this:

bruh's system:

* GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD4P
* Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz
* Crucial Ballistix 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3
* MSI R4670-2D1G/D3 Radeon HD 4670 1GB

Now for the questions:

Is this a brand new video card? If so did you uninstall the old drivers and install the new ones?

Have you tried re-seating your video card? (Do this only when the computer is off, as well as any physical changes to the computer).

Edit: Also what's your power supply?

bruhthakuga

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2003
The card is about six months old and worked fine, I cannot remember anything significant that happened when the problem arose but my memory isn't. I didn't uninstall old drivers I just install the new ones but I will try that. my PSU is an Antec EA 750, my whole system is in my "System Configuration" which you can access by clicking the " More Information" link under our avatars.

You should really list all your specs in this thread, don't say "click on my link to see everything" we are here to help you out, the less time we have to search for your specifications, the more time we have to help you out. We all do this help for free.

So keep that in mind - put everything you have in this thread.

IMO I think your card is dying. Rectangles is not normal and usually means there is a hardware problem. I would send it in if it's still under warranty.

bruhthakuga

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2003
I'm sorry, I thought that that was the purpose of the systems configuration, to list it so others can see, it's just two clicks. Why do others that's been longer than you with more status than you have sayings or other cute words in their signature and not their Systems Configurations. Perhaps you should take that to the moderators, they will listen to you and list Sys. Configs prominently. Anyway thank you for your time.

Why does it matter? I like to have my system configuration in my signature. I don't really care that other people have "more status than me". Sounds like you have a problem with me just for asking you to list your specifications in this thread instead of having to click through.

Take a look at other threads - most people list their specifications in the thread itself.

And why are you trying to be so damn hard to work with? This is a free forum with free help. People here are very knowledgeable, and when someone asks nicely to list your specifications instead you try to pick a fight with those words?

You can really tell how a person is on how they react to a question, like how you did.

Good luck. I'm done with you, and people like you.

I will no longer help anyone who doesn't list their specifications in the thread itself, thanks to you. And really - it's no big deal for me, I do this kind of stuff all the time so it's really easy.

bruhthakuga

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2003
I have been getting help for years from the good people of Tom's Hardware and never have any one of them asked me to list as you do. As you said, "it's no big deal for me, I do this kind of stuff all the time so it's really easy." but two easy clicks to see systems configs is, (things that make you go "UUuummm?") You know, you done a whole lot of typing, none of which addressed my problem for someone who don't want to "Click Twice" Go to one of those moderators that don't have Sys Configs in their Signature and run this down to them. Have love, tolerance, and patient those of us that don't dot their i's, capitalize proper names, spell corectly and don't do Tom's just as you do. Don't be one of those people who troll about looking for a lesser person to nag at about small things, chill down about a Thousand or two. Or, don't answer, as you said, people whos post are not perfect, that is good also.

I guess you are quite self centered to think that way. I have a slow internet connection, and those 2 extra clicks means an extra 5 minutes (literally) for me.

I did do a whole lot of typing, I mentioned your card is probably going bad. Please re-read my comments before being a jack ass.
Or are you too self centered to read my comments?

You also do a whole lot of typing and instead of trying to HELP US HELP YOU, all you feel like doing is bashing me and telling me you have always done what you have done.

I don't troll - however your post comes off troll-like.

Stop being such a hypocrit, you should chill down a thousand or two - I was being nice and put your system config in this post for you - as obviously you are too lazy to do it yourself (and googling for that matter), and instead of saying "thanks for putting my system config in this post" you go on to say stupid *** like this:

I'm sorry, I thought that that was the purpose of the systems configuration, to list it so others can see, it's just two clicks. Why do others that's been longer than you with more status than you have sayings or other cute words in their signature and not their Systems Configurations

Having home issues so you decide to take it out on me eh. Good for you. I hope you have a joyful life.