[SOLVED] Did I just bricked my new PC build?

Apr 21, 2020
Just built a new. A Ryzen 5-2600, MSI B450 Pro M2 Max, and RX580 system. Everything was working fine.

Booted up usb to install windows 10.

After the setup, I got to the windows desktop screen.

Was downloading Ryzen Master drivers software then I accidentally turned off the PC through the case power off button.

Now the monitor cant detect the HDMI anymore (my hdmi is inserted in the gpu's hdmi socket). I tried checking the display sources and it's in the HDMI source but no signal. Tried moving the HDMI to the motherboard, not working. Tried using another monitor, not working. Always "NO SIGNAL"

Does this mean I bricked my PC? Accidentally shutting down the pc just right after windows 10 desktop screen displayed for the first time after setup. Was there any hidden windows 10 updates running the background that accidentally turning off the pc made the interrupted updates destroy my new build?

Please help, thanks.

Solution
How did you shut down the pc accidentally?
Normally you need to push and hold the power button for 4 seconds or more.

Even though you may have a hdmi port on your motherboard, it will not work with your processor.
Your monitor needs to be connected to the gpu.
Check that your monitor has selected the connected hdmi input port.
Not all monitors do this automatically.

Likely, the drivers are messed up.
Can you get into the bios screen?
You do not need drivers for that.

Recheck your connections, primarily the power cables.
Can't imagine that doing anything. At worst it may screw up a Windows install but it would still POST to BIOS. I'd say try a CMOS reset. If that doesn't work. Disassemble and reassemble. Just in case something was loose.

Although at the reassembly stage. I'd stop at just the CPU + Heatsink, GPU, PSU, one RAM module and monitor connected to see if it will POST. If not try a different RAM module in a different slot.

hii it ham

Commendable
Mar 17, 2019
there is no way that can brick a pc , so u don't need to worry about that … try removing ram and reinstalling it …. some time pc wont pose if its loose or have a bad contact
be sure to clean ram although its new
there might be some dust

How did you shut down the pc accidentally?
Normally you need to push and hold the power button for 4 seconds or more.

Even though you may have a hdmi port on your motherboard, it will not work with your processor.
Your monitor needs to be connected to the gpu.
Check that your monitor has selected the connected hdmi input port.
Not all monitors do this automatically.

Likely, the drivers are messed up.
Can you get into the bios screen?
You do not need drivers for that.

Recheck your connections, primarily the power cables.

Solution

hii it ham

Commendable
Mar 17, 2019
Just built a new. A Ryzen 5-2600, MSI B450 Pro M2 Max, and RX580 system. Everything was working fine.

Booted up usb to install windows 10.

After the setup, I got to the windows desktop screen.

Was downloading Ryzen Master drivers software then I accidentally turned off the PC through the case power off button.

Now the monitor cant detect the HDMI anymore (my hdmi is inserted in the gpu's hdmi socket). I tried checking the display sources and it's in the HDMI source but no signal. Tried moving the HDMI to the motherboard, not working. Tried using another monitor, not working. Always "NO SIGNAL"

Does this mean I bricked my PC? Accidentally shutting down the pc just right after windows 10 desktop screen displayed for the first time after setup. Was there any hidden windows 10 updates running the background that accidentally turning off the pc made the interrupted updates destroy my new build?

Please help, thanks.
ok I thinked a lot about it and I am sure that there was a power spike drom your psu

this happened with me also

but I dident had a new pc
so if your fan spin slow
and there is no post

YOUR PSU IS GONE
if u have a old extra psu or a pc (take the psu out and use) try removing ur gpu and turning on ur pc

this will help u