Did i pick the right hard drives?

themadhatta

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
I was looking for the fastest hard drives to use for storing all my music media and extra gaming program files without going overboard on performance. I purchased two 2tb WD caviar black drives. I read that they use sata 6 gig, and then i read that they use sata 3 gig on amazon, but then in the comparison chart on the same page it says that it uses both.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ZCXK0I/ref=wms_ohs_product

So my question is, do i have any benefit of running this drive using sata 6 or not? And do you guys think i made the right choice in choosing fast drives to store my immense amount of media and files?

The reason im asking is because im an inexperienced person when it comes to computer specs and speeds im learning pretty fast but ive got some pretty big gaps of knowledge when it comes to computer parts other than putting them together lol.
Currently running a 512gb samsung 830 series SSD as my C drive.

themadhatta

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
woopse wrong link, thought i got em on amazon, i got em on newegg tho

but what do u mean ill be getting 6 gig if i connect it to a sata 3 controller?

I have my caviar blacks plugged in to my sata 6 gig plugs, but im curious if i will notice an increase in performance using 6 gig over 3 gig with the caviar blacks since it says they use 3 gig and 6 gig. Im assuming they do i just wanna be sure without having to test out my hard drives performance and spend way too much time trying to figure it out for myself.