Trickle2x2

Prominent
Dec 28, 2020
So when building my new pc I took all the normal precautions when putting it together. Esd, clean hands, checking to make sure I’m grounded ect.. Well when I got my pc built, it did not post into the bios at first. When spamming delete key I was left with a black screen. Later on when switching my ram channels around I was finally able to boot into my bios to install windows. But.. when I switched my ram channels around and cleared my cmos I forgot to switch my psu to the off position when doing so. So when I shorted my comos and removed the battery and switched my ram to two different channels, and on top of all that I also re seated my graphics card I forgot to turn of power supply off switch to off on my psu. “Pc was powered down though”. After all said and done it booted fine and worked but I’m just worried I could have shorten the life of certain components or shorted some hardware doing all this with my psu plugged in and power switched left off :(

Solution
So when building my new pc I took all the normal precautions when putting it together. Esd, clean hands, checking to make sure I’m grounded ect.. Well when I got my pc built, it did not post into the bios at first. When spamming delete key I was left with a black screen. Later on when switching my ram channels around I was finally able to boot into my bios to install windows. But.. when I switched my ram channels around and cleared my cmos I forgot to switch my psu to the off position when doing so. So when I shorted my comos and removed the battery and switched my ram to two different channels, and on top of all that I also re seated my graphics card I forgot to turn of power supply off switch to off on my psu. “Pc was powered down...
So when building my new pc I took all the normal precautions when putting it together. Esd, clean hands, checking to make sure I’m grounded ect.. Well when I got my pc built, it did not post into the bios at first. When spamming delete key I was left with a black screen. Later on when switching my ram channels around I was finally able to boot into my bios to install windows. But.. when I switched my ram channels around and cleared my cmos I forgot to switch my psu to the off position when doing so. So when I shorted my comos and removed the battery and switched my ram to two different channels, and on top of all that I also re seated my graphics card I forgot to turn of power supply off switch to off on my psu. “Pc was powered down though”. After all said and done it booted fine and worked but I’m just worried I could have shorten the life of certain components or shorted some hardware doing all this with my psu plugged in and power switched left off :(
If it works it works. No need to worry yourself about what might happen in the future. Just ride with it. :)

Reactions: CountMike
Solution

TRENDING THREADS