[SOLVED] Did my bent pins of my motherboard socket fry my CPU?

ashton10

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2015
Does the bent pins fry my cpu? I accidentally bent my pins while cleaning the mobo, i failed to notice that powered on my pc after that i tried i tried to unbent them and i believe i have done so and tried booting again still no luck, then when i checked i saw some small marks on cpu where the bent pins had came in contact with. So is my cpu fried?
My cpu is a i3 6100t

Solution
Does the bent pins fry my cpu? I accidentally bent my pins while cleaning the mobo, i failed to notice that powered on my pc after that i tried i tried to unbent them and i believe i have done so and tried booting again still no luck, then when i checked i saw some small marks on cpu where the bent pins had came in contact with. So is my cpu fried?
My cpu is a i3 6100t
It's definitely possible that bent pins could damage a CPU if it was installed that way.
My cpu is a i3 6100t
It's definitely possible that bent pins could damage a CPU if it was installed that way.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
I had an Intel board with bent pins.
It prevented booting up.
Once straightened, it worked just fine.

That is not a universal outcome.

Bent motherboard pins
Before - No boot
1a9v061.jpg

After - boot success
oenFyWk.jpg

to fix:
JYUnC45.png

ashton10

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2015
I had an Intel board with bent pins.
It prevented booting up.
Once straightened, it worked just fine.

That is not a universal outcome.

Bent motherboard pins
Before - No boot
1a9v061.jpg

After - boot success
oenFyWk.jpg

to fix:
JYUnC45.png
This is what i used, i watched linus' youtube video and believe have done just fine, i dont understand how it would have fried my cpu is all. I can get my hands on another mobo sinc emy friend is selling his old mobo which has the same chipset. But if cpu is fried i am screwed big time

USAFRet

Titan
This is what i used, i watched linus' youtube video and believe have done just fine, i dont understand how it would have fried my cpu is all. I can get my hands on another mobo sinc emy friend is selling his old mobo which has the same chipset. But if cpu is fried i am screwed big time
Depending on which pins....voltage going through was is supposed to be ground.
Or the wrong voltage to the wrong pad.

Only way to tell is put that CPU in a known working motherboard.