Did Newegg charge me extra for the nVidia gift?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolev_levy

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017
i just bought a 1080Ti from newegg, and they have a some sort of a sale right now that gives you a game with a purchase of a card. i bought the 1080ti and it all went good and the price was $789 with tax, and then at the bottom i see that they managed to charge me for the gift? or is it just a mistake and i have to call them to see what's going on?
i have a picture of the receipt right here:
https://imgur.com/a/xLdVASk

xLdVASk

Solution
Hey there, dolev_levy!

I'm glad to see that you were able to snag a new card! Our fellow community members hit the nail on the head so thank you guys for that! When a free gift is offered, we must charge for the item before discounting it. Our system will split the payments, then apply a discount to the graphics card invoice. You are still charged the same amount that you would normally be paying without the gift so there is no need to worry there! If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to private message us and I would be more than happy to assist! Enjoy the new card!

Ernie [Newegg Support]

luckymatt42

Upstanding
May 23, 2018
It looks to me like in the top section, it gives you a $59.99 discount...then "charges" you 59.99 for the gift. So it looks funny but I think it's correct. They may have to charge you tax on the gift, so that's why they list it separately.

XxDarkMarioxX

Respectable
Dec 25, 2016
Keep on looking at the 2 items and looks like you been charged 52 dollars tax so the 799 dollar card plus the tax will become 852 dollars so looks like everything is correct. Have to keep looking at it many times!

Your card is 799 they removed the 59.99 and added it back making the card back to 799 and they added your tax making the cost off 852! so you just paid for the card and the tax and the free gift is free

NeweggSupport

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
Hey there, dolev_levy!

I'm glad to see that you were able to snag a new card! Our fellow community members hit the nail on the head so thank you guys for that! When a free gift is offered, we must charge for the item before discounting it. Our system will split the payments, then apply a discount to the graphics card invoice. You are still charged the same amount that you would normally be paying without the gift so there is no need to worry there! If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to private message us and I would be more than happy to assist! Enjoy the new card!

Ernie [Newegg Support]

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.