[SOLVED] Difference between Asus ROG Strix B360-F and B360-H

Jun 5, 2019
Hi, i'm planning to build a new pc with a i3-9100F and where i live the only mobo of the two on the title is the B360-H which i barely find any reviews on, but i see a lot about the B360-F, can someone explain the difference between those for me?

Also, looking at it i can see only 7 chokes, which should be 7 power phases, but i saw on a website that it has 10, can there be chokes hiding under the heatsink or was it an error?

Solution
B360 doesn't support overclocking of the CPU OR the memory, so the number of power phases isn't really that important on this chipset anyhow. That board is fine for that CPU. Don't bother buying memory faster than 2666mhz though, because that is the fastest it will run on there.
B360 doesn't support overclocking of the CPU OR the memory, so the number of power phases isn't really that important on this chipset anyhow. That board is fine for that CPU. Don't bother buying memory faster than 2666mhz though, because that is the fastest it will run on there.

Solution
Jun 5, 2019

In the future could it handle an i7?

If you have "plans" to upgrade to an i7 or i9 Coffee lake or Coffee lake refresh CPU in the future, then I'd do myself a favor and buy a Z-370 or Z-390 board. B360 can't overclock them and there isn't much point in having one if you're not going to take full advantage of it's features. Plus, B360 will probably have issues with any of the 8 core parts under sustained boost conditions.

An i5 would probably be fine, but my vote would be no for the idea of using an i7 on there unless you were going to disable the boost features, which would be dumb, to be blunt. LOL.