Question Difference between Samsung RAM (M393A8G40AB2-CWEXX) and what is compatible with ASUS WS WRX80E-SAGE SE motherboard ?

Sep 2, 2022
I am currently working on a project and the motherboard I am using is the ASUS WS WRX80E-SAGE SE. When I was selecting RAM based on the compatibility list, I selected 8x M393A8G40AB2-CWEGQ. I went ahead and ordered these from CDW, but when they arrived a collection of sticks that were labeled M393A8G40AB2-CWE (notice the missing two characters on the end) on the packaging of each stick, but the stickers on each stick was either M393A8G40AB2-CWEBY S or M393A8G40AB2-CWECO M, which is different than the M393A8G40AB2-CWEGQ on the compatibility list.
My questions are as follows:

Q1: What are the differences between the different sticks?
Q2: What do the last two characters denote?
Q3: What do the "S" and "M" mean that comes after the memory's name?
Q4: If there really is no significant difference between these sticks, can they be used together on my ASUS mobo (I am still waiting on other parts to be delivered so I can't test anything yet).

Thanks for you help and insights, it is greatly appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What do the last two characters denote?
Looks like batch identification tags. M393A8G40AB2-CWE would be the SKU.

If there really is no significant difference between these sticks, can they be used together on my ASUS mobo (I am still waiting on other parts to be delivered so I can't test anything yet).
I would look into dropping them into the board and seeing if there are any mishaps. From my reading they are all identical with regards to specs, timings and voltages. How much time do you have before you can initiate a return?