zyonara

Prominent
Aug 15, 2022
Hey, first time posting here.
I have been having BSODs for several months now.

Mostly "Unexpected store exception", sometimes "Critical process died". Since yesterday frequently "Registry filter driver exception: WdFilter.sys"
While writing this I also had a BSOD, this time it was again "Registry filter driver exception: wdfilter.sys

The screen freezes for 3 seconds and then the BSOD comes. But after that I can boot without any problems.

This often happens while I'm playing games, but also when I'm on the internet. Some days everything runs great, other days I have 4 of these a day.

I used CrystalDiskinfo to check my hard drives, however everything was fine. I have also tried "sfc scannow" and "chkdsk", however that does nothing. I changed my fans yesterday, but that didn't help either.

I also overclocked my Ryzen 5 3600 yesterday. I don't know if this is relevant, but I wanted to mention it. It is now running at 4.2 GHZ with 1.275 volts.

I am really desperate. Maybe you guys can help me. If you need more info, don't hesitate to comment. Thanks in advance

Minidumps: https://files.catbox.moe/b0wiho.rar

Colif

Win 11 Master
Registry filter driver exception: WdFilter.sys
that is an odd BSOD

right click start button

choose powershell (admin)

copy/paste this command into window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth

and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow

and press enter

Restart PC if SFC fixes any files as some fixes require a restart to be implemented

First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

SFC = System File Checker. First command runs DISM - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/what-is-dism?view=windows-11

i would remove overclock until we figure out cause.

what are specs of the PC? what storage drives do you have? Make/model?
Unexpected store exception is a virtual memory error. The store is used by CPU to track location of files. Their physical location is either ram or page file.
It would explain wdfilter.sys as well, its used to track files in storage.

Hey, first time posting here.
I have been having BSODs for several months now.

Mostly "Unexpected store exception", sometimes "Critical process died". Since yesterday frequently "Registry filter driver exception: WdFilter.sys"
While writing this I also had a BSOD, this time it was again "Registry filter driver exception: wdfilter.sys

The screen freezes for 3 seconds and then the BSOD comes. But after that I can boot without any problems.

This often happens while I'm playing games, but also when I'm on the internet. Some days everything runs great, other days I have 4 of these a day.

I used CrystalDiskinfo to check my hard drives, however everything was fine. I have also tried "sfc scannow" and "chkdsk", however that does nothing. I changed my fans yesterday, but that didn't help either.

I also overclocked my Ryzen 5 3600 yesterday. I don't know if this is relevant, but I wanted to mention it. It is now running at 4.2 GHZ with 1.275 volts.

I am really desperate. Maybe you guys can help me. If you need more info, don't hesitate to comment. Thanks in advance

Minidumps: https://files.catbox.moe/b0wiho.rar
Boot a copy of memtest86 and let it run.
No errors allowed.

Take the OC off the cpu for the time being.

Reactions: zyonara

zyonara

Prominent
Aug 15, 2022
that is an odd BSOD

right click start button

choose powershell (admin)

copy/paste this command into window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth

and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow

and press enter

Restart PC if SFC fixes any files as some fixes require a restart to be implemented

First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

SFC = System File Checker. First command runs DISM - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/what-is-dism?view=windows-11

i would remove overclock until we figure out cause.

what are specs of the PC? what storage drives do you have? Make/model?
Unexpected store exception is a virtual memory error. The store is used by CPU to track location of files. Their physical location is either ram or page file.
It would explain wdfilter.sys as well, its used to track files in storage.
I tried to do that, but now I can’t boot anymore.. I am stuck in an automatic repair loop. Will a clean install onto a new SSD fix my problems? The RAM was not the issue, I tested it with memtest86. Someone in another forum told me it could be my system drive. So I guess I will reinstall windows onto a new ssd. I wanted to upgrade to an M2 SSD anyway.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Will a clean install onto a new SSD fix my problems? The RAM was not the issue, I tested it with memtest86. Someone in another forum told me it could be my system drive. So I guess I will reinstall windows onto a new ssd. I wanted to upgrade to an M2 SSD anyway.
it could. if the cause is the boot drive.
It was why I asked what drives you have, as most makers have software you could have used to test drive. Crystaldiskinfo just reads what drive is reporting, if problem is physical it might not see it.