Question Different RAM brands/models - how to choose?

Faust-RSI

Commendable
Aug 8, 2022
They don't have all timings specifications, so I'm lost.
I need to upgrade my laptop memory from 16 to 32 Gb, so I found these (price difference is mostly negligible, however, I can get some faster than other):

Kingston DDR5-5600 Fury Impact/CL40/KF556S40IBK2 for 93,5 EUR

Kingston DDR5-5600 KVR56S46BS6K2 for 76 EUR (the seller is not clear either this is one module or two, however, this shop is walking distance from me and well known, others are kinda sketchy)

G.Skill Ripjaws DDR5-5600/CL46-45-45/F5-5600S4645A32GX1-RS for 100 EUR (not a fan of this brand, last year got totally broken RAM from them, they've changed it for free, but I lost around 1 month for the process)

Crucial DDR5-5600 CT16G56C46S5 for 90 EUR

Any thoughts?

Faust-RSI

Commendable
Aug 8, 2022
need to upgrade my laptop memory from 16 to 32 Gb
What is the make, model and SKU to your laptop?

This is the only ram with a lower latency;
https://www.kingston.com/datasheets/KF556S40IBK2-64.pdf
with CL40, the others are CL46.
Do I understand correctly that you were able to find the latency for another Kingston RAM and for Crucial? Many thanks, if so!

However, is the latency the deciding factor? I mean, if other timings are bad, can the latency compensate enough?

Do I understand correctly that you were able to find the latency for another Kingston RAM and for Crucial? Many thanks, if so!

However, is the latency the deciding factor? I mean, if other timings are bad, can the latency compensate enough?
No, Cas latency by itself is not deciding factor as it has little performance influence but it caries with it other dependencies which do. It is usually also a measure of RAM and it's chips quality.
Laptops usually have restricted BIOS settings comparing to desktops so getting right memory right away is more important.

Reactions: Faust-RSI