Question DIMM slots killing ram?

Nov 14, 2019
I've currently had a few problems with my build, and i've managed to narrow it down to either motherboard or ram problem.
My current issues is that I either have a bad DIMM slot which is killing my ram, or I have a stick of ram that is killing DIMM slots.
I tried removing one of the ram sticks, which seemed to fix constant crashing during intensive tasks. I decided to test out the seemingly 'bad' slot on its own and it seemed to not boot.
Then I took the ram stick that originated from the 'bad' DIMM slot and put it into the 'good' DIMM slot, in which i had no proper boot (not going to bios). Tried the same but with the stick from the 'good' slot into the 'bad' slot, which didn't produce favourable results (not even booting to bios either). So i put the stick that originated from the 'good' slot back in its place, but it wouldn't boot either.
Any idea on how to deal with it?
My entire system is:
H110m-itx (non-AC variant)
i5-7500
G.Skill Aegis 2x8 gb ddr4 3000
RX 580 (but swapped back to my old gtx 750TI after first running into the problem, thinking the psu was at fault)
cx550m psu

Try this:
Remove all the RAM and the GPU, using the intel onboard iGPU, clear the CMOS, you need disconnect the power core.

After that, boot the PC without the RAM, there are two possibility:
  1. The PC will boot, but shows no RAM error, ofc, the PC will not boot into the windows. That means the MB/CPU are fine, and your RAM has problem.
  2. The PC will not boot at all. And I will say your MB has problem.

Reactions: MatthewPav
Nov 14, 2019
Try this:
Remove all the RAM and the GPU, using the intel onboard iGPU, clear the CMOS, you need disconnect the power core.

After that, boot the PC without the RAM, there are two possibility:
  1. The PC will boot, but shows no RAM error, ofc, the PC will not boot into the windows. That means the MB/CPU are fine, and your RAM has problem.
  2. The PC will not boot at all. And I will say your MB has problem.
Alright, I tried your suggestion, however it wouldn't boot into BIOS, even without RAM+GPU and using iGPU instead.
Does this mean that it would be a CPU or a MB problem you think?