Question Disconnecting Issues Every 15-30 minutes.

Feb 3, 2023
I figure I should explain the issue, given that I need help. Common sense right? Anyhow, me and my family recently got new internet, and it works wonders, absolutely beautiful connection and speed. My last internet took around 4 days to download a 800mb game on my Oculus, which sucks. So imagine my suprise when I’m playing Overwatch with some friends and my game disconnects about ten minutes in. I’m no stranger to dc’s or lag so I shrugged it off. Now 10 minutes later after reloading into the match, I realize my friends are moving and fighting as per usual, and I can see them speaking, but my speech icon will not appear. And vice versa, I can speak but they cannot hear me. I begin to lag quite a bit and then I get disconnected. I figured this was just an issue with Overwatch given all of its bugs bugs but no, I wasn’t that lucky. Today I decided to play on my Oculus Quest 2, bully some kids on some PvP, you know the drill. I begin to notice the same pattern. I load into lobbies play very smoothly, begin to lag and communication cuts off, then I get sent back to whatever load screen or lobby is there. I have tried restarting both consoles, the router, and hard resetting, (including a file sweep and checking my hardware on both consoles.) nothing has worked and I am beginning to get confused and frustrated. The only things that don’t cut out are the Roku, and my families phones, they have relatively no issue. If anyone knows what do to or how to help that would be greatly appreciated. (Edit : I forgot to mention I play on Xbox One S, and Oculus Quest 2, sorry for not being clearer.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Are you working with a router between your console and your ISP? If so, please mention the make and model of the router. As for the router, how are you tethered to the console? Ethernet or wireless?

Feb 3, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Are you working with a router between your console and your ISP? If so, please mention the make and model of the router. As for the router, how are you tethered to the console? Ethernet or wireless?

I am working with a router, it’s a Calix GigaSpire Blast, model 6.1. I use wireless for both but never had this issues before the new internet. We are also connected through WAN if that has anything to do with it?