Question Discord picks up my pc noises even when my headsets microphone is muted

Jun 20, 2022
Recently my friends notified me that they can sometimes hear my games - youtube in the background, even when my microphone is muted (i am using the G332, which can be muted by simply putting the microphone back into the headphones)
I've tried alot of stuff, most solutions said to disable stereo mix, but i don't even see it as an option. I have noticed that lowering the microphone boost does help with lowering the threshold but they can still hear it, albeit quieter. funny thing is that whenever i test my mic or talk those noises mute completely and are able to be heard a few seconds after

So really i'm just wondering if theres anything i can do

Recently my friends notified me that they can sometimes hear my games - youtube in the background, even when my microphone is muted (i am using the G332, which can be muted by simply putting the microphone back into the headphones)
I've tried alot of stuff, most solutions said to disable stereo mix, but i don't even see it as an option. I have noticed that lowering the microphone boost does help with lowering the threshold but they can still hear it, albeit quieter. funny thing is that whenever i test my mic or talk those noises mute completely and are able to be heard a few seconds after

So really i'm just wondering if theres anything i can do
Sound like you got a wire cross in the headset it may need to be replaced have you tried a second set of headphones yet?

Jun 20, 2022
Sound like you got a wire cross in the headset it may need to be replaced have you tried a second set of headphones yet?
No i haven't, currently don't have any other headsets to try, but that might be the problem since the headphone cable is just one wire, with which i got an adapter for both input and output

Jun 20, 2022
Ahhh heres a question do you have any issues using your headset on your phone without a adapter, or any issues using them in other pcs?
Currently live alone and don't really have anything to try it on, when using it with my phone the sound is normal and the microphone acts as if its not plugged in, same thing if i try it on pc, either only mic / audio works, depending where what it's plugged in

But i assume you're right on the wiring, it might be that the adapter is just faulty and is mixing it? atleast i would asssume
doesn't explain how discord still plays audio through my mic when its muted on headset

Currently live alone and don't really have anything to try it on, when using it with my phone the sound is normal and the microphone acts as if its not plugged in, same thing if i try it on pc, either only mic / audio works, depending where what it's plugged in

But i assume you're right on the wiring, it might be that the adapter is just faulty and is mixing it? atleast i would asssume
doesn't explain how discord still plays audio through my mic when its muted on headset
The audio for system and live mic may have a cross in them in the adapter