May 2, 2019
Today, I saw a notification that my C partition has almost full storage.
How can I allocate space from disk 0 to a partition that is on disk 1?
Can I merge the disks?
What should I do in this situation?
A photo with my partitions is here and on imgur: View: https://imgur.com/i1KhLVY

i1KhLVY.png

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
You can't extend a partition from one drive onto another.

You need to delete stuff from disk 1 or move it to disk 0. It looks like disk 0 has a bunch of unallocated space, so you can either extend drive D or create new partitions in the empty space.

May 2, 2019
You can't extend a partition from one drive onto another.

You need to delete stuff from disk 1 or move it to disk 0. It looks like disk 0 has a bunch of unallocated space, so you can either extend drive D or create new partitions in the empty space.
and how do I move stuff from disk 1 to disk 0? the C partition is the partition where my windows was installed ( if it matters )

How did this system get setup? It is a bit of a mess with the disks. Normally the main boot drive (C) would be disk 0. And you have 400GB of space not even formatted for use in the second disk. Without re-doing the setup, really only thing you can do is move some of your files from the boot drive to the second drive, Downloads, My Documents, files you have on your Desktop. You should also format the allocated space and assign it drive letters. The way it's setup now you are wasting half the disk.

Reactions: TJ Hooker