Display cuts off mid game

ryanb1818

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2009
Hello everyone! I’m new to computer building etc but basically wanted to tackle building a new gaming pc. I followed some step by step guides and ended up getting everything working for a couple months. Now recently idk what has happened. The computer will be fine, then about 20-30 minutes into gaming the Video card fan shoots up to 100% performance for about a second or two then my displays cut off. When I touch the video card it is scorching hot. I contacted EVGA and RMA’d my card... to then get a new one and have the same issue. Hopefully someone on here can guide me to what the heck is going on.

Case: Enthoo pro tower
Mobo: ASUS z170-e
CPU: Intel i7-6700
RAM: Gskill ripjaws v series 32gb
Video: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
Power: EVGA supernova 650
Ssd: Samsung 850-evo 500 gb

Thanks for any responses.

Solution
Your card is overheating. They sent you another one and it's still overheating so it's something with one of your fans. Try running some of the GPU applications in 'BOINC'; you can stay on the desktop and monitor your temperatures with Afterburner (shouldn't matter on an EVGA card) or whatever their official utility is. For detailed fan specs, try using HWMonitor

ebm9000

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
Your card is overheating. They sent you another one and it's still overheating so it's something with one of your fans. Try running some of the GPU applications in 'BOINC'; you can stay on the desktop and monitor your temperatures with Afterburner (shouldn't matter on an EVGA card) or whatever their official utility is. For detailed fan specs, try using HWMonitor

Solution