Question Display Game console through PC OS

SignalRaptor

Prominent
Jan 11, 2020
Is there a way to set up a kind of digital monitor to pipe my console output to a window on my PC? What I'm trying to accomplish is negating the need to switch inputs, as well as occasionally stream the console screen through something like discord.
Quick research lead me to something called Elgato, but I don't think that's exactly what I'm looking for? It looks more like a sort of OBS streaming center, and I just want to capture audio and video to full screen on one of my PC monitors. I have a PS4 and XBox 1, as well as a Nintendo Switch, so "Xcloud local streaming" or whatever only solves a third of my issue.

Elgato capture cards take the image from the game console and can display it on your screen or record it. They have many other functions too, but most of that is just software.

Issue there is latency. Any method of taking signal from the game console and displaying it through a PC will have latency that makes it hard to play the game.

SignalRaptor

Prominent
Jan 11, 2020
Elgato capture cards take the image from the game console and can display it on your screen or record it. They have many other functions too, but most of that is just software.

Issue there is latency. Any method of taking signal from the game console and displaying it through a PC will have latency that makes it hard to play the game.
I see. I would think most of that overhead comes from the additional functionality of the software. I'll look for a stripped down version and see what I can find. If there's any that you know of I'd be happy to have a direction to go looking in.
EDIT: Would a PCI Card be viable then? Like a Magewell 4x HDMI card? It just needs to be 1080p.

Last edited: