Question Display is black, can't get into bios

Jul 31, 2022
My setup
MSI MPG x570 Gaming Edge Wifi (and a x570 Gaming Plus)
EVGA 2060 Super (old card)
MSI 3070 Ventus 2x ( new card)
750W Seasonic PSU
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
32GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws
One 4K monitor and one 1080p monitor

I've been having problems with my video card for awhile and yesterday it glitched again while playing a game (display went black, fans ramp up to 100%). When I restarted, the displays were black.

I assumed it finally died, so I bought a new one. I put it in and I am still not getting anything on my monitors but black. Debug VGA LED is on.

So I try a different power cable for the video card, a different slot on the PSU for the Cable, 2 cables at the same time, and I try the second PCIE slot. Still nothing. EZ Debug LED for VGA is still on.

I've tried both monitors at the same time and each one individually. I also tried resetting bios with jumper.

So now I figure it might be the motherboard, so I swap the Gaming Edge for the Gaming Plus. This board never had any problems and I have not used it for 2 years.

Same problem. Black display, EZ Debug VGA LED is on. So I try using only one stick of Ram at a time and try every stick I have. Still black displays.

So it doesn't seem to be the motherboard, doesn't seem to be the ram, I could try another, older PSU I guess.

Is it possible that in addition to my old card going bad, that I just happen to get a defective card when I bought the 3070? That seems crazy lol.

EDIT: corrected info.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2022
Oh, sorry that is a typo. No 3060, just a 3070.

The PSU is probably 2-3 years old. I took a closer look and apparently is it a 750w (thought for sure it was 650w).

Sorry I'm tired.

Jul 31, 2022
Well I finally got it to work! I unplugged all the HDs except the the main Nvme and it worked. I have no idea why the EZ Debug was trying to say it was the VGA when it looks like it is a HD causing a boot issue. o_O