Question Display Port not detected

thedesertfox99

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2013
The other day I bought a LG 34'' inch curved monitor and hooked it to a GT73VR 7RF MSI Titan pro laptop. I noticed the mini display port on the back of the computer fit a little loose and when I used DP for the display I got a very slight amount of flickering that I didn't get when I used HDMI. To try and combat the flickering I updated my drivers and when I did GeForece Experience was uninstalled for some reason. The second I reinstalled Geforce experience my screen went black and I have been unable to use Display Port since. I can use HDMI fine, but when I plug DP in I get a black screen.

There is a message on the monitor that says something along the lines of, "Display Port is Connected. Click ok to automatically switch to Display Port." But then the screen goes black and says "No Signal." When I go into Display Settings in Windows it doesn't detect the monitor. I don't know if it's just a coincidence that it went black after intalling Geforece experience, but I doubt it. I ran a restore point and rolled back the driver to no avail. The problem persists. I also ordered a new DP Chord just in case the chord is bad.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Lutfij

Titan
I would look into your laptop's support site and see if you have any BIOS updates pending.

Use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode, then manually reinstall with the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command.

thedesertfox99

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2013
I appreciate your help
I would look into your laptop's support site and see if you have any BIOS updates pending.

Use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode, then manually reinstall with the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command.
I'll give it a try. Although, messing with the BIOS always makes me nervous. If it doesn't work I'm not going to beat my head against it too hard. I'm using a 1080 and at this resolution (3440 by 1440) the HDMI is pushing the FPS as much as I can expect.

Thanks for your help.

thedesertfox99

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2013
I plugged in the new chord that came today and the screen came on and I've yet to see any flickering.
I'm surprised because that means it must have been a coincidence that the screen went black as soon as I installed GeForce Experience.