[SOLVED] Display port to DVI, no HDCP?

Jan 9, 2021
Hello,

I just bought a new to me gaming pc, and I'm having a problem with HDCP and prime video is not letting me watch in hd.

I feel likes its a problem with either my monitor or the cable I had to order for it.

I have one monitor that is connected with display port and it shows it supports HDCP, but my second monitor I had to use a display port to dvi connector.

The cable is a Rankie DisplayPort (DP) to DVI Cable I ordered from amazon.
The monitor is a HannStar Display JW199D that I bought back in 2006ish.

Is my monitor too old to support HDCP, or do I need a certain type of dp to dvi cable to support hdcp?

My video card is an nvidia geforce gtx 1650 super, it has one hdmi and thre display port outputs. If I switch to just a display port or hdmi monitor the hdcp status is good.

Thanks

Solution
HDCP does not work in multi-display environment, if one or more displays does not conform to HDCP requirements. Your second monitor certainly does not support HDCP so it is the cause here. You must have newer monitor with HDCP support then. Or physically disconnect old one during video viewing.
HDCP does not work in multi-display environment, if one or more displays does not conform to HDCP requirements. Your second monitor certainly does not support HDCP so it is the cause here. You must have newer monitor with HDCP support then. Or physically disconnect old one during video viewing.

Reactions: LinuxDevice
Solution