[SOLVED] Display Settings only list two resolution options

Kama621

Honorable
Sep 28, 2014
Greetings all!

I have a Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1060 graphics card and windows 10. My normal resolution for the past 3 years has been 1920 x 1080 with a DVI connector (alas its the only output my TV supports)

I was watching some videos and dozed off. When I woke up, the TV was off (it turns itself off after 30 minutes of no activity) but the video audio was still playing. Turned the TV on and I heard that jingle you get something gets disconnected (like a USB device). Unpaused the video and the computer wasn't pumping any audio. This has happened before and a simple restart was all that took to remedy. This time, however...

I login and see my resolution squished to <Mod Edit>. Guessing the restart reverted it to something smaller. No matter, went into the Display Settings and found it switched to 1024 x 768. However when I clicked the list, all I got was two resolutions, that and 800 x 600. This has NEVER happened before. Did some research and all I got was standard Windows breadcrumb responses. With no other options and wanting to rid some long overdue gunk, I reset my PC. Unfortunately though, the problem persists! I even updated my Nvidia Drivers and the recent update unlocked a 2048 x 1536, (which doesn't look so hot).

Any ideas as to what I'm dealing with?

Last edited by a moderator: