Question DisplayPort flickering on monitor

Jun 25, 2018
Hi, I recently purchased a new monitor for my pc. I currently have a Gigabyte GTX960 that I used to use with HDMI with my old monitor with no issues.

With the new monitor, I've decided to change to DisplayPort and I've had this flickering issue, where sometimes on boot its flickers on the screen and then completely goes black and monitor says no signal. It sometimes takes a few times for it to turn on after I take the cable out a few times and turn off and on the monitor. I don't believe it's the connection however I haven't tried the HDMI with the new monitor.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Jun 25, 2018
Make sure your DP is connected securely once more, try another DP cable if you have one, and try the HDMI. What monitor?

I’ve just tried hdmi and it works as normal with the new monitor. I’ll have to look for another dp cable. Also is there any major difference between dp and hdmi? it’s only a 75hz monitor.

It’s a AOC Agon G2590VXQ - https://eu.aoc.com/en/gaming/products/g2590vxq

Thanks

Jun 11, 2019
Using a DP cable should allow you to tap into that display's Adaptive Sync capabilities (by enabling FreeSync on the monitor and then G-SYNC in NVIDIA control panel) which in turn can result in a smoother gaming experience.

This is provided the monitor is compatible. Some FreeSync monitors will not work with NVIDIA G-SYNC no matter what.

That would be the only difference, since NVIDIA currently does not support Adaptive Sync with HDMI. AMD has rights to this

Last edited: