Question DisplayPort not working. (new Motherboard)

sydnew

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2012
I recently purchase a new motherboard but the DisplayPort has no display or not working. Both HDMI and DVI are working I can boot through windows with no problem.
My monitor has 2 HDMI and 2 Displayport. DP IN and DP Out. and MiniDP. I replace my motherboard with Gigabyte B560M DS3H V2 because I need 3 display output. This is my first time going to use a DisplayPort and I thought its simply Plug N Play solution. At first I tried the DP to MiniDP cable from my monitors OEM cable no display output, then I purchase a DP to DP cable and still no display. the only solution I have done so far is Clear CMOs through pin and still no display.

Processor Intel i5 10400
Motherboard Gigabyte B560M DS3H V2
RAM Kingston Hyper X 16Gb x 2
HDD M.2 Crucial P2 2280 256Gb
PSU Seasonic Core GC 550
Monitor U2414H (with 2 HDMI, DP In, DP Out, MiniDisplayport)

PS I tried to use both of my monitors Input Source: DisplayPort and MiniDP

Lutfij

Titan
Just an FYI, when you swap the motherboard, you're advised to reinstall your OS...which will automatically mean that you install all relevant drivers with the latest versions, manually, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. I'd also look into making sure the BIOS for the motherboard is updated.

sydnew

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2012
Just an FYI, when you swap the motherboard, you're advised to reinstall your OS...which will automatically mean that you install all relevant drivers with the latest versions, manually, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. I'd also look into making sure the BIOS for the motherboard is updated.

I did reinstall windows 10 after I swap the motherboard, update all drivers, and as per your suggestion update BIOS to the latest version I still get blank screen while I can do dual monitor with HDMI-DVI display. My monitor can detect a cable inserted to the DP while my PC does not, as if the cable wasnt there when I tried to "force detect" through Display Setting even though 2 display is currently active. Is there something I needed to tweak in bios setting? I m going to return it to shop if none.

Last edited:

sydnew

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2012
I m not updated to the latest tech, This motherboard give me a headache when Im unable to boot from m.2 nvme SSD which is my first time using it. It took me 3 days to figure it out that I cannot use the M.2 PCIe 4.0 x4 lane because I m only using 10th Gen i5 10400 processor. Instead I have to use the lower PCIe 3.0 x4 for my motherboard to detect m.2 nvme ssd.