[SOLVED] DistributedCOM error

Sep 30, 2019
have had a lot of crash issues lately, but in the last day I notice Event viewer is posting a lot of Warnings that look like this after a program crash:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
and APPID
{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}
to the user DESKTOP-3CLJJOK\newag SID (S-1-5-21-362511582-1328605048-3313752462-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Is this because I am running Windows 10 Enterprise?

Solution
reboots with no BSOD are likely hardware of some kind.

I don't think its ram, if it was ram you would be getting all sorts of random errors, or Freezes. You getting restarts. Having said that, be a fool to not check

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

So they mostly in games, and not in games that would stress PC you would think - wow classic...

So i wonder if this is the Access denied error you get in wow-
So today after the fresh install I log and and after a few minor freezes graphically then the game crashes to desktop and the error “unable to access 3d...

Colif

Win 11 Master
I think 90% of all win 10 installs get DCOM errors, and almost all of them can be ignored. They aren't likely to be the reason for the crashes

what version win 10 are you on?
right click start
choose run...
type winver and press enter

I know Enterprise won't be on 1903 now, I am just curious how far behind you are.

Colif

Win 11 Master
What sort of crashes?
Crash to desktop?
Crash requiring restart?
Freeze?
BSOD?

Are they random or when you doing something specific

have you got any errors showing in reliability history?

I didn't know Enterprise was that up to date

Sep 30, 2019
The crashes are while having games/Chrome running. I normally get 2-3 minutes gaming before I am thrown to the desktop. WoW Classic actually gives me a errors stating ACCESS_DENIED and some other error that makes me think its Windows or something is denying programs access to run.

Now there are also instances where the system just shutdowns, I receive no image, screen just goes black and I am greeted with a reboot 30-40 seconds later. It has happened with the games, but it has also happened while browsing Chrome and trying to watch Youtube videos.

It changes between crashes and reboot with no identifiable pattern as to why. I originally though it was Hardware due to overheating, but temps have been fine.I have reseated RAM and GPU So now its why I believe its software and possibly something due to Win 10. Link to my original post about the crashes.

Eventviewer is flooded with Errors/Critical messages that look like the original post. I haven't seen a BSOD, but eventviewer stated there were. Also, no freezing besides a few quick times before the system reboots.

Colif

Win 11 Master
reboots with no BSOD are likely hardware of some kind.

I don't think its ram, if it was ram you would be getting all sorts of random errors, or Freezes. You getting restarts. Having said that, be a fool to not check

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

So they mostly in games, and not in games that would stress PC you would think - wow classic...

So i wonder if this is the Access denied error you get in wow-
So today after the fresh install I log and and after a few minor freezes graphically then the game crashes to desktop and the error “unable to access 3d accelerator, access denied” Again....
reddit link

Have you tried older GPU drivers?
https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

Solution