[SOLVED] DIY OpenWRT router - I can’t figure out how to configure it correctly

nrdwka

Honorable
Jul 26, 2017
Hello,
I am trying to replace my router with Dyi OpenWRT running in VM. And something went wrong ... I can’t figure out how to make it work.
I am using this miniPC with 4 LAN ports:
SDBTm6J.jpg
Current network configuration:
wiB3wN2.png

With parameters:
8p0oCOL.png

qCMOIvd.png

VGNDEKM.png

And the future network configuration should be:

NhAwN8r.png

So far, I have installed OpenWRT in the VM and tried to configure it, but ... already at this point I can’t access the Internet from the LAN device (192.168.2.5). For testing, I still use a MiniPC connected to the router, and the Internet works fine on the host system.

My Vmware configuration (WiFi card not yet installed):
Np2fTu4.png

RoYkVOU.png

Abd my VOpenWRT configuration (WiFi card not yet installed):
ArDtdb6.png

YOvWxAR.png

dQKW99s.png

4j30C9f.png

tTmar5p.png

Does anyone know a step-by-step guide for such a configuration or can advise how to do this?
Thank you in advance!

P.S.: All images -
View: https://imgur.com/a/LMZiOEI

Solution
Do you want openwrt for something specific. there are a few routers with installers that will be easier to get going. pfsense and ipfire are two.

to get openwrt in a vm you have to boot a live distro and copy the files to the storage using that. somewhat similar to cloning your win10 boot drive to a new one.
Do you want openwrt for something specific. there are a few routers with installers that will be easier to get going. pfsense and ipfire are two.

to get openwrt in a vm you have to boot a live distro and copy the files to the storage using that. somewhat similar to cloning your win10 boot drive to a new one.

Solution

nrdwka

Honorable
Jul 26, 2017

Thanks for the answer.

I'm not particularly interested in openwrt, so I can try f.ex. pfsense if it's easy to set up.
At the moment, I already installed openwrt on vm and got stuck on network (both on guest and host, I think) configuration.

The same, if it is an issue with vmware, I am ready to switch to virtualbox for easier configuration.