[SOLVED] Do I have to download a new driver if I have 5Ghz Ethernet and the driver is still 2.4Ghz?

Nov 3, 2019
I don't know where to download the 5ghz driver. This probably is the problem my internet is below 100mbps when I have 1Gpbs already.

Solution
I don't know where to download the 5ghz driver. This probably is the problem my internet is below 100mbps when I have 1Gpbs already.

There is no such thing as a separate 5ghz driver, the wifi card drivers and hardware will include both bands (assuming your hardware actually has both bands). Your network connection speeds are not related to the internal WiFi speeds, could be anything from your router limitation to the wireless card you are using, distance to the router, signal interference, many things.

There is no such thing as a separate 5ghz driver, the wifi card drivers and hardware will include both bands (assuming your hardware actually has both bands). Your network connection speeds are not related to the internal WiFi speeds, could be anything from your router limitation to the wireless card you are using, distance to the router, signal interference, many things.

Solution