Question Do I need to delete driver of Scanner before reinstalling the software?

Novel8

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2013
For the first time i am a tech problem with my Epson V300 scanner. On its limited basis being used I no longer can view the Preview or Scan, but the process works besides that. I went to t he program and clicked on the Configuration button to no avail, so I decided to reinstall the software. I first was told to delete it in my Device Manager of win 7. I could not find under Display or any other area of suspect. It is usb plugged and there are so many usb controller shown in D M I could not or would not attempt to look for it there. even if its possible. Could i just go ahead and reinstall the software in the hope that it may overwrite the previous setup?

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Your first thought is correct. This is how I would advise.
1. Turn on your system. At bottom left type Device Manger in the search window and open that. Come to think of it, in Win7 there may not be a search window at the bottom - I cannot remember. But do search for Device Manager, a tool in Windows.
2. Look though that list. It may be in the Imaging Devices list. RIGHT-click on it and choose to UNINSTALL this device. Back out to the main screen and shut down.
3. DISconnect the scanner from your computer - the USB signal cable is enough, you do not need to disconnect its power cord.
4. Turn on your computer and let it finish booting up. Now shut it down again. This will let Windows remove all references to that device as if it never existed.
5. Re-connect the USB cable to the scanner and turn on its power switch. Now boot up your computer. Windows should discover this "new device" and install the drivers for it cleanly. When it is done, try using the scanner to see if it works properly.