[SOLVED] Do programmers overclock near project deadline? (if necessary)

anderson9987

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2014
I know that overclock doesnt chance much in programming.
But I would like to know if near a deadline, if the project is kind of late, do professional programmers overclock?
I mean, in that case, every secound counts.....

thx in advance

Solution
Agreed, you would spend far more time getting a stable OC than you would save by doing so.
Not to mention someone under that kind of time constraint would never want to risk stability over speed.
Hypothetical:project is a few hours late, takes a few hours to render, OC saves 20 minutes, but crashes an hour and a half in. You are now an hour and a half later.

USAFRet

Titan
No, "every second counts" is not applicable in that situation.

Someone would spend far more time getting that OC correct, than just working through it.
In the corporate realm you want absolute stability, rather than single digit increases due to an OC.

Agreed, you would spend far more time getting a stable OC than you would save by doing so.
Not to mention someone under that kind of time constraint would never want to risk stability over speed.
Hypothetical:project is a few hours late, takes a few hours to render, OC saves 20 minutes, but crashes an hour and a half in. You are now an hour and a half later.

Solution