Aug 5, 2021
Hi Guys,
I've got a Razer Blade 15 with RTX 3080 running under Ubuntu 18 and I've installed all required NVIDIA drivers. To set up a double screen I need to buy a docking station which I'm not sure which brand or model is compatible with (because I've heard some docks may not work with laptops with GPU). Do you have any recommendations?

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When you state a dual monitor setup, can you state the make and model of the panels you're eyeing a purchase? Your laptop, if it's this model, has;
  • 2 x Thunderbolt™ 4 (USB-C™)
  • 2 x USB-C 3.2 Gen 2, Supports Power Delivery 3 (15W)
  • 3 x USB-A 3.2 Gen 2
  • 1x UHS-III SD Card Reader
  • 1x HDMI 2.1
  • 1x DisplayPort (via USB-C Alt-DP)
Of which you have the option of hooking up to the HDMI and/or DP. I don't think you'll need a docking station.

Lutfij

Titan

When you state a dual monitor setup, can you state the make and model of the panels you're eyeing a purchase? Your laptop, if it's this model, has;
  • 3 x USB-A 3.2 Gen 2
  • 1x HDMI 2.1
Of which you have the option of hooking up to the HDMI and/or DP. I don't think you'll need a docking station.

Solution
Aug 5, 2021

• 3 x USB-A 3.2 Gen 2
  • 1x HDMI 2.1
Thanks for the reply. Mine is this model but I cannot pick from Razer's pricey products because of budget limitations. I should go with other vendors such as HP, DELL, TARGUS, and LENOVO and so on. I just wanted to know if anyone has hooked up their Razer laptop with any of these docking stations?