[SOLVED] Does anybody know what type of BGA chip this is?

Nov 27, 2019
I am doing a data recovery on a cell phone. I removed the flash memory BGA chip from the device and I am searching for a reader to use with it. However, I cannot seem to find a BGA reader that matches it. The dimensions are 8 x 10.5 mm. I have included a picture for more information. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Edit: My apologies, the dimensions are backwards in the image.

View: https://imgur.com/a/IwtcCWq

Nov 27, 2019
Is there any labelling on the top of the package? What exact make/model of cell phone did this come from?
It came from an old LG VX6000 flip phone. Also, I didn't get a package with it. I am a Data Recovery Engineer and I am doing a recovery for a client so they just sent us the phone. I also have the schematic (which I got from someone on here) if that helps.

Newer phones are encrypted. In such cases a flash dump will be useless.
It's an older flip phone. I'm not sure what year it's from, but I know for sure that it's definitely not newer.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
It came from an old LG VX6000 flip phone. Also, I didn't get a package with it. I am a Data Recovery Engineer and I am doing a recovery for a client so they just sent us the phone. I also have the schematic (which I got from someone on here) if that helps.
Sorry, I meant labelling on the top of the chip itself.

From what I can find that phone only has 1.6 MB of storage. I can't imagine what sort of data someone would be storing on a 16 year old phone with only 1.6 MB of storage that would be important enough to pay someone to try to recover it...

Reactions: TJ Hooker
Solution
Nov 27, 2019
Sorry, I meant labelling on the top of the chip itself.

From what I can find that phone only has 1.6 MB of storage. I can't imagine what sort of data someone would be storing on a 16 year old phone with only 1.6 MB of storage that would be important enough to pay someone to try to recover it...

Unfortunately, the markings are unreadable. I have a link to the schematic that has all of the information though.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/gihpzong4xa548s/lg_vx6000_drawing_design.pdf/file