Question Does anyone know if a Satellite L505-S5990 CPU is soldered to the mainboard or not?

Jul 21, 2024
I have this old Satellite L505-S5990 laptop that I've been using extensively recently, as I installed and activated tiny10 on it a few days ago. Upgrading RAM significantly would likely cause this Intel Core 2 Duo T6500 at 2.1 GHz to bottleneck. The same, fortunately, cannot be said for replacing the HDD with an SSD. I just want to know whether this laptop's motherboard has its CPU in a socket, so that I can more easily replace it. I've been unable to find mainboard pictures for this specific model.

USAFRet

Titan
I have this old Satellite L505-S5990 laptop that I've been using extensively recently, as I installed and activated tiny10 on it a few days ago. Upgrading RAM significantly would likely cause this Intel Core 2 Duo T6500 at 2.1 GHz to bottleneck. The same, fortunately, cannot be said for replacing the HDD with an SSD. I just want to know whether this laptop's motherboard has its CPU in a socket, so that I can more easily replace it. I've been unable to find mainboard pictures for this specific model.
Increasing the RAM is not a 'bottleneck'.

I have a slightly older level Tosh laptop, L305-S5955.

Your limitation would be what CPU is compatible with that motherboard.
Assuming the CPU is socketed (probably isn't), any CPU change would still be would still be old, and not worth the work needed to change.