Does ANYONE recognize this?

eviljds

Honorable
May 22, 2012
This happens to me constantly, every 20 mins or so.

Its been going on for months.

Ive had my ISP come out and replace the modem, reaim the dish, I even moved it further from the tree to be sure it wasnt the wind blowing tree branches in the way.

I use a wireless modem Point-to-point, pointed at my ISPs access point up on a mountain.

See how the pingtimes ramp up, get so bad that it times out, then ramp back down? Does anyone recognize this pattern in pingtests? What is the most likely cause? I worked for an ISP using point-to-point broadband similar to the ISP I am now paying for internet access, and Ive seen similar things but never anything as Clear-cut as this. Im pretty positive the problem must be at their access point or elsewhere because Ive replaced the modem, the cat-5 cables from modem to power supply, and powersupply to my laptop.

Anyone have any information for me that I might be able to provide my ISP with? They are a local company and I doubt they know what they are doing.

If you have seen this before, and were able to pinpoint the cause, please help!

k223gk.jpg

eviljds

Honorable
May 22, 2012

Uh.. yes I am pinging google in the pingtest.

The pingtest command I am using is
ping www.google.com -t -l 1

This pings googles servers.

During the spike displayed in the pingtest to google above, I am losing access to ALL servers on the internet in the exact same fashion as shown, in the pingtest, to google.

Grats on being able to see that the closest google server to my ISP is in california???

Not helpful.