[SOLVED] Does biostar H81MLV3 (with core i3-4130) support a graphics card? please recommend me a good graphics card if it supports.

Oct 6, 2019
Hi, I have a biostar H81MLV3 motherboard with core i3-4130 processor and 4gb ram. I am thinking of buying a graphics card.
the motherboard has a PCI-Express 2.0 x16 Slot. Does it support a graphics card?
If it supports a graphics card, can you recommend me a good graphics card that my processor can keep up with and a good power supply.
Thanks.

Solution
Hi, I have a biostar H81MLV3 motherboard with core i3-4130 processor and 4gb ram. I am thinking of buying a graphics card.
the motherboard has a PCI-Express 2.0 x16 Slot. Does it support a graphics card?
If it supports a graphics card, can you recommend me a good graphics card that my processor can keep up with and a good power supply.
Thanks.

Hi @BudgetGamer007

Yes, it'll support a video card (GPU) but because you have a dual core i3, I'd not suggest anything better than a RX 560 or GTX 1030. If you plan on gaming, do you plan to upgrade anytime soon? Whats the primary function of this PC going to be used for? Judging from your name, I'd assume gaming? :)

Also, I'd STRONGLY advise you upgrade your RAM to at...

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Thanks.

Hi @BudgetGamer007

Yes, it'll support a video card (GPU) but because you have a dual core i3, I'd not suggest anything better than a RX 560 or GTX 1030. If you plan on gaming, do you plan to upgrade anytime soon? Whats the primary function of this PC going to be used for? Judging from your name, I'd assume gaming? :)

Also, I'd STRONGLY advise you upgrade your RAM to at least 8GB. The mobo you have is DDR3 @ 1600/1333hz. Max @ 16GB.

Whats your budget?

Last edited:
Solution
Oct 6, 2019
Hi @Mrgr74
It is for gaming :)
I am not planning on upgrading the processor any time soon.
I will be gaming only on weekends. so, I don't want to spend more on this upgrade.

Is it worth the upgrade if I buy - msi radeon rx 570 armor 8G OC gddr5, a power supply and 8gb ram.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Hi @Mrgr74
It is for gaming :)
I am not planning on upgrading the processor any time soon.
I will be gaming only on weekends. so, I don't want to spend more on this upgrade.

Is it worth the upgrade if I buy - msi radeon rx 570 armor 8G OC gddr5, a power supply and 8gb ram.

"Worth the upgrade" is purely subjective. The only opinion that matters is ultimately yours. That being said, the 570, 8GB and new PSU would set you up nicely. You'll be very pleasantly surprised at the boost in overall performance you'll get from that combo. :)

Keep in mind that for the RAM, you'll want to buy a 2x4GB kit and not just another 4GB. Here's a nice 16GB kit for $54.

What PSU are you looking at?