Question Does Brand make a big difference when combing TV, media player, and soundbars

animematic

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
So my TV just went out and looking into some replacements and wondering will keeping the 3 devices in the title (TV, Blu ray player, soundbar) the same brand name help. My current setup was 3 different brands and remember having to sit and fiddle with settings for awhile during the initial setup and hoping to eliminate or at least reduce the time needed to dedicate to that.

So my TV just went out and looking into some replacements and wondering will keeping the 3 devices in the title (TV, Blu ray player, soundbar) the same brand name help. My current setup was 3 different brands and remember having to sit and fiddle with settings for awhile during the initial setup and hoping to eliminate or at least reduce the time needed to dedicate to that.
In terms of the TV's built in media player, note that most TVs use the Dolby MS12 decoder chip which is limited to 6 channel Dolby. If you have any media files with a DTS soundtrack only Sony TVs will play those.